Cal-factored black Satin DAM X Cal Satin Sire = 8 babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
Lola the anal retentive doe littered this morning. 8 babies total, 7 were cals and one was a black. :D

Oops!! Make that NINE babies, with still only 1 black in the bunch. Sort of surprising in a way that only one is black, but they're about 75% cal satin (Lola is half cal satin, and the dad is 100% cal satin) so I guess it figures. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:57 pm __________ <br /><br /> Lola 2nd litter, Jan 2014.jpg

Strangely enough, Lola hasn't begun pulling hair yet. The babies' feet were getting stuck in the wire in the Sani-nest box this morning (She had dug a big hole into the center of the box) and I switched it out to a wood box in an attempt to keep from injuring them. The white you see is some cotton balls I put in to try and give them something to help retain some heat in the huddle.

9 babies in a single litter. Wow, I wasn't expecting that many, but happy to have them!!

Yes, Peach. She is definitely going to have some competition at the feeder, that is for sure. 10 rabbits all over each other like patent leather on a high school dance floor can be quite amusing to watch sometimes, though. :lol:

Good news, though. Lola finally got the hint last night and pulled fur. She also shredded out the cotton balls to put over the top of them. The babies are all now showing "peach fuzz" (no pun intended), too and all seem to be doing well. I'm guardedly optimistic about maybe getting a couple of them ready for our breed nationals in late April. They'd be very young juniors at the time, but you just never know. It likely won't happen, though. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Hope your mini lops are doing well for you. <br /><br /> __________ Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:57 am __________ <br /><br /> Here is what the nest looked like this morning. Believe it or not, underneath all that mass of shredded cotton that is intermixed with black satin fur, are 9 healthy babies.

Dottie's nest, day 3.jpg

Latest posts

Back