Cake....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm_bunnyloft

Reaction score
I love baking cakes. And I don't want to eat it all my self so decided to share with all of you. :roll:

Ok so I love eating cake too. :shock: I just don't love trying to work it off. :evil:

Attachments

• w110812180336.jpg
    w110812180336.jpg
    549.7 KB · Views: 471
  • 414410_448737311807799_1699203395_o.jpg
    414410_448737311807799_1699203395_o.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 471
  • web2012-10-12_21-00-14_351.jpg
    web2012-10-12_21-00-14_351.jpg
    763.2 KB · Views: 471
Oh cool! The second one is very pretty!!! Like them all! I'll take some please :popcorn: .......I like a corner piece!

Beautiful! I love cooking, and am a pretty good baker too, but decorating is beyond me. I'll gladly take a slice of each, can never have too much cake!

You're a very talented cake decorator. They look like they were done by a profesional.

Hey, where's my cake? It was just my Unbirthday and I'd love a slice, but only one small one, cause I'm type 2 diabetic, on insulin and have poor glucose control. :(

Oh, how beautiful! I'll take some of that! I admire anyone who has the patience to decorate a cake like that.

I love baking cakes, but I don't ever bother with decorating. Even for birthdays, I typically bake a sheet cake (my family definitely prefers my scratch-made ones rather than box cakes or store-bought), frost it in the pan, and throw some sprinkles and candles on it. When my kids were little, I used to put Legos or Playmobils on the cakes (rather than the cheap, throw-away plastic decorations). I did make a Thomas the Tank Engine cake one time (I still have the Thomas-shaped pan) for one birthday, but it took FOREVER to decorate it, and that black icing is a BEAR to clean up.

ColdBrook":1vjwjvu6 said:
Hey, where's my cake? It was just my Unbirthday and I'd love a slice, but only one small one, cause I'm type 2 diabetic, on insulin and have poor glucose control
I really want to learn a sugar free cake and Icing recipe. But just not sure if its possible :? to go glucose free as well. I could probably pull off one or the other though. :idea:

Lady":1vjwjvu6 said:
Where's the rabbit cake? =D
I am planning to buy a 3D Bunny pan and a 3D lamb pan for Easter. Maybe an easter lily and cross cake too. :geek:
Thanks for all the compliments Everyone. I really love baking and decorating cakes. But it seems I am my own worst critic. Funny though, I paid for those cake decorating classes at Michaels and I know more than the instructor does. I have been teaching myself from youtube videos for a long time now. Hoping that some day I have the confidence to open my own Cake and Confectionery Bakery.

tm_bunnyloft":3rfo3zj6 said:
Funny though, I paid for those cake decorating classes at Michaels and I know more than the instructor does. I have been teaching myself from youtube videos for a long time now.
Maybe YOU should be teaching those classes at Michael's! LOL!

Nope because I will not lie to people and tell them Wiltons is the only product or way of doing things.

tm_bunnyloft":27gk1bwi said:
Nope because I will not lie to people and tell them Wiltons is the only product or way of doing things.
Oh, is that what they require? Sad! Maybe Hobby Lobby would be more accommodating?

No they are contracted by Wilton for those classes and so they are to push Wilton products. I believe Hobby Lobby is the same. Not to say that Wilton isn't a good product but honestly, you can make just as good of icing as you can get out of a Wilton tub. :)

You are very talented! Great work on all three cakes. :)

tm_bunnyloft":12c3a9kf said:
Hoping that some day I have the confidence to open my own Cake and Confectionery Bakery.

I would look into the regulations in your state and see if you can start a home based business. If you passed out flyers to caterers, wedding planners, preschools/daycare centers as a start you could generate a lot of business.

When I was a teenager, I used to make bunny cakes for my little sisters. They were easy. Each bunny requires a cake baked in a round pan. You cut the cake in half and plaster the two pieces together with jam or icing. You take a notch out of the "neck" to define the head and use it to create a tail. Then you ice the whole thing in white icing (with coconut for Angora) or chocolate icing, add cardboard ears, chocolate chip eyes, jelly bean nose, liquorice whiskers etc. A cute and easy cake that anyone could make. :)

Not in a class with TM's wonderful cakes, but a fun and easy way to celebrate a birthday or make an Easter dessert. :)

MamaSheepdog":38ms9cha said:
I would look into the regulations in your state and see if you can start a home based business.
The cottage food law allows it in Michigan. I believe its the same in Indiana as well.
MaggieJ":38ms9cha said:
Not in a class with TM's wonderful cakes, but a fun and easy way to celebrate a birthday or make an Easter dessert.
Thank you. I like your idea. You would be surprised how many times cardboard gets covered in icing for part of a cake. LOL

MamaSheepdog":3oblcbly said:
I would look into the regulations in your state and see if you can start a home based business. If you passed out flyers to caterers, wedding planners, preschools/daycare centers as a start you could generate a lot of business.

:yeahthat:

I totally second that motion!

Latest posts

Back