Cage Cards?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheasant283

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of any free cage card templates I can find on the web. Just looking for something to put on the doe cages to track breeding date, date to put nest box in date to wean. ect.

I just made a simple file in Word that is a table set up in landscape view.

It has 6 cells, each about 3 1/2x 4 1/2 and one cell looks like this:
=============================
NAME: RANCHO MADONNA
LATTE
BUCK

TATTOO: 1MMK1
BIRTH DATE: 10.17.2011
BREED: REX

COLOR:
CHINCHILLA

SIRE: RRR MAURICE
DAM: CEAJAY’S MISS KITTY
========================================
I highlight the rabbit's name in YELLOW. I can easily make new cage cards
by just going through the document and changing the name,date,etc.

Then I print it out & cut the 6 cards apart & lay them inside a laminating sheet &
run them through the inexpensive laminator that I bought on Amazon for less than $35

Scotch Thermal Laminator Combo Pack, Includes 20 Laminating Sheets, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches (TL901SC)

Then I punch a hole in the corner of each card & use one of those 1" hinged metal rings
to hang from the feeder or the water bottle hanger.

When I cut the "cards" apart I trim close to the printing so
that there is space between them on the sheets so that it seals
around each one when it runs through the laminator.
I made the first ones with card stock but I found that just using plain paper was fine
since the laminator sheets harden up and are plenty stiff on their own.

I make my own re-usable cards now. I print out what I want, blank cage card for example on whatever kind of paper I want to use in whatever color I want with whatever info I want on it, then cover it with clear duct tape. Use sharpies to fill in info and alcohol or other such cleaner and it comes right off! I've even made for sale tags or carrier tags this way and they work REALLY well. I just have to be sure to 1)make them small enough or large enough to do with appropriate size of tape and 2)if using more then one piece of tap on a larger poster for instance be sure to get the tap even or slightly overlapping otherwise the marker will mark on the paper and there goes the whole thought of reusable. After so many uses like any thing else these need to be thrown away, rabbits chew on them, etc. or they get lost/dirty beyond cleaning. I think when I figured it up, my home made tags were about 15 cents for a 6 inch by 8 inch card or 25 cents for a 1.5 foot by 2ft blank poster board.

Those downloads are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

Latest posts

Back