Cage Cards

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
I know cage cards are sold by rabbit outlits but I am trying to use materials on hand for them instead. Do you think it would work to print the information I wanted on my cage and put it in a sheet protector then binder clip it to the cage upside down so it wont get wet?<br /><br />__________ Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 am __________<br /><br />I might have to use zip ties or something to secure it more snuggly so as not to scare the rabbit....

I have index cards in those old metals card catalog card holders.
I binder clip them to the front of my metal feeders, and sometimes to the cage itself. Most of my rabbits don't bother them.

Attachments

• SS850378.JPG
    SS850378.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 899
  • SS850386.JPG
    SS850386.JPG
    364.3 KB · Views: 899
You can see my cage cards here. I just do them up on my computer, 4 to a sheet. Then I put them in a zip-lock bag and binder clip them to the j-feeder.

IMG_20130105_113801_zps923e564b.jpg

I use Clear Tape to tap my Cage cards to the
Card holders provided on the [J] feeders.
I place the first piece of tape across
the bottom of the card and the second piece
across the top overlapping the bottom piece.
It will keep it sort of dry and quite readable,
though I sometimes have to replace cards.
I print my cage cards with my Evans Rabbit program.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

A guy on a Facebook page I'm on is selling dry erase cage cards and snap clips to attach them to the cages. I'm getting 25 colored cards and clips shipped to me for right about $20. I thought that was quite reasonable. He also has dry erase breeding boards that are pretty cool.

I've created cage card templates in Microsoft Excel that will fit on a 3 X 5 index card. After printing them out, I laminated them and used dry erase markers to fill them out. Much easier and cheaper than purchasing premade cards, plus I could customize them to my desire :) They fit well on the back of a 5" feeder or card holder. I believe you can get card holders in bulk for relatively cheap at most rabbit supply stores.

image.php

Latest posts

Back