Caelin is home...and he drowned a kit. :(

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to have those jingle bell things for the kids' shoes. They still do make them! :D If you think he could get them off, then like Maggie said, sew some jingle bells to something he wears all the time.

It does sound like you have some careful explaining to do!

LOL Jack! sounds like my boy!

The other day, (ok, a few weeks ago) he was packing around a rock, and "nursig" it, lol...it was his baby. :)
Yeah...I need something for caelin, thats for sure. Sneaky sucker. He has been relugated to being on the bed, or the couch lately, depends on what room I am in. See, and its not like he doesn't have toys, either, he would just rather do big people stuff, but he's not allowed, so he sneaks off to do it. :(

Don't discourage doing 'big people stuff' THAT is a learning experience for him, Have him help in an age appropiate way! That waym he is happy AND you know where he is. Granted, things may not get done in quite the way you wanted them to be done, but that is not the intent- okay?

Ha! Terry! We think alike. Saw your post after I had written mine!

Sounds to me like the boy is ready for some regular chores! Tidying the living room, perhaps, or dusting, making his bed in the mornings, helping to set and clear the table... things he can handle and that don't matter if they are not done perfectly. If you can redirect his energy into something that makes him feel grown-up and helpful, it may help.

sounds good. :)

He IS constantly helping, whether I WANT him to or not....I may as well give him chores to do. I was kinda wondering if he was maybe getting old enough...tried at a year and a half....rofl, it didnt pan out too well, lol. a little too young, ykwim?

So chores it IS! And I bet that would make him feel real special and loved, too. He's been acting like a baby (which I know is normal) but I think it's because he doesn't think he is as important, being bigger. I'll set up the playpen so I can contain the baby, and Caelin and I can have choretime every day.

Oh, man, that'll be nice, when I can tell them to help me out some! And I know it has to start somewhere!

Oh, yeah! Like, het Caelin, guess what YOU get to do! You're a BIG BOY! Wanna help?

(He likes being a "big help",lol.)

And if I sing that stupid barney song "clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere clean up, clean up, everybody, do your share" man, he will clean whatever I ask him too. :p What a dork. I love that hooligan to death!

Keep mind that the chores need to be age appropriate. He is what, almost three? I had my boys helping to put laundry in the washer and dryer, putting away socks in drawers, "making" their bed, at that age. He will still need constant supervision. My youngest is like Caelin, he is our ER frequent flyer. One time, I noticed that it was REALLY quiet and my "mommy radar" was going off. I went upstairs and found him just climbing into a small toybox with wheels that he had placed at the top of the stairs! He was going to "take a ride!" I about had a heart attack! It is funny now, but right then it was terrifying. He has had stitches, drank a bottle of flouride rinse, been bitten by a snake (and did not tell anyone!!!) I have to watch him like a hawk, literally!

Shannon

lol. Love hearing there is another kid like him! How old is he? Has he gotten anybetter?

lol, I hope he calms down, but I don't have too much hope...maybe by the time he has his own kids? lol

I keep telling people he will be betterby the time he is 5....lol...but then, I don't know....

Yeah, I know to kep it easy. :) and to watch him. I will actually ahve to do it with him, at least at first.

But, Idle hands are the devil's playground...guess I could have gotten on this ball sooner, eh?

Shara, as the saying goes... when you're up to your butt in alligators, it's sometimes difficult to remember that the original plan was to drain the swamp. (Or something like that.) You've had a lot of alligators to deal with this past six months or so.

Shara":h8qo00tb said:
lol. Love hearing there is another kid like him! How old is he? Has he gotten anybetter?

Seth is 6 now and he is a *little* better, but still have to watch him like a hawk. The other day we were sitting in the yard, watching the kids and playing with the new kittens we got. They have a wooden swing set with a slide and we were facing it. I was looking at my DH and out of the corner of my eye, I see something go zooming by! He had gotten his big Tonka dump truck, took it to the top of the slide, sat in it and ridden it down the slide like a roller coaster! Right in front of us! He is just that quick...LOL

lol, I hope he calms down, but I don't have too much hope...maybe by the time he has his own kids? lol

I keep telling people he will be betterby the time he is 5....lol...but then, I don't know....

Hmmm....yeah. Don't hold your breath! LOL Really, he WILL get better as he is better able to understand the consequences of his actions, and that will take several years...

Yeah, I know to kep it easy. :) and to watch him. I will actually ahve to do it with him, at least at first.

But, Idle hands are the devil's playground...guess I could have gotten on this ball sooner, eh?

Keeping them busy is definitely the best. We have this tree in our yard that drops these big spikey balls and we pay the boys, 6 and 7, a penny a piece to pick them up. Kept them out of trouble and was well worth the $10 (they picked up over a thousand of those things!) it ended up costing us for three hours of time to work on the rabbit shed without wondering what they were up to! I don't think you could have started much sooner. They are not really able much younger than Caelin is.

I used topay my kids to pick up those Sweet Gum seed pods too! nasty boogers-- this apartment property has about a dozen of the trees on it- and even now, in the 'dead' of winter, they are causing trouble= Shara, can we borrow caelin?

Frosted Rabbits":cpjx69wu said:
I used topay my kids to pick up those Sweet Gum seed pods too! nasty boogers-- this apartment property has about a dozen of the trees on it- and even now, in the 'dead' of winter, they are causing trouble= Shara, can we borrow caelin?
Is that what those things are? Sweet gum seed pods? Don't step on one in your bare feet....ouch!

Star shaped leaf, bright yellow in fall-- yep-- the kids call them Monkey Balls-but then, they also call Osage Orange MonkeyBalls, and Black walnuts, Monkey Balls-- KIDS!!!

Shara":21xc99rs said:
Hate to tell you this, Shara, but my dad was older than that when he brought home a baby alligator to keep in the bathtub... :croc:

Another thing to keep in mind when having little ones help you is that it will usually take much longer than it would have if you had just done it yourself. And that's okay. :p

YUCK
but then I was the youngest, and my brother and cousins ganged up on me in the spicky ball fights (and looking back, you really could put an eye out doing that)

Try walking in your nice yard with star (sugar) maples and walnut shells from the damn squirrels....
and people wonder why I like to hunt squirrels.

Latest posts

Back