Bunny 'doll house' becomes play house!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond

Reaction score
I put the little guys in my recently remodeled 'doll house' which I saved from the scrap pile. They enjoyed their new quarters and Mama Diamond enjoyed a break from the little guys for a few hours. Plan is to put them in there during the warm part of the day then give them back to Mama for the night.

Enjoying some beet greens...

DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1143.jpg

Getting UP the ladder was easy, but going back DOWN was a bit of a challenge....
DSCF1146.jpg

It's still a 'doll house' just you got live 'dolls'.

Looks like they had fun there. I wonder if any got pushed down for taking too long to get down the ramp. Or just gave up and started to hop down from the side.

They seemed to figure the ramp out after the first couple tries.... its fun to watch them run up, down, and around! I'm sure it won't be long before they are jumping up and down from the 2nd level in one shot, without the ramp. I spend more time just standing around watching the rabbits these days....

The Bunny Bungalow turned out really nice! I bet the babies had lots of fun in there!

I see quite a few homemade cages with floor wire on the sides. Did you use it because of predator problems?

MamaSheepdog":jm4xjk1i said:
I see quite a few homemade cages with floor wire on the sides. Did you use it because of predator problems?

Yes, rats..... bad things. After losing a chicken crop to them last year, we take no risks. My California doe was temporarily housed in a standard rabbit cage with the 2"x 1" wire sides and I was nervous the whole time. She just got moved into a nice big double cage of her own.... and is due to kindle next weekend.

Back