Bunny Bouquet

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Pint Homestead

Reaction score
Working on phasing out pellets. I had to buy a bag to transition them, so I'm using it up. Right now they are getting wheat Fodder in the morning, chicory after the Fodder is gone. They get mulberry branches and leaves in the afternoon and then 1/2 cup or so of pellets in the evening. They also get comfrey leaves for minerals.

Everyone is happy about it but my oldest buck, Romeo, who doesn't care for Fodder. The others eagerly eat every scrap, roots, seeds and all.

Here's Oberon with his morning "bouquet". :pinkbunny:

He's eating wild chicory. Very nutritious and quite pretty. I've heard you can use the roots for a coffee substitute, but haven't every tried it.

Thanks for the compliment. Oberon is about 12 weeks old now and is starting to silver nicely.

Gotta grow that stuff...if it will stop raining...so I can get out to my field...it does look pretty and he seems to be enjoying it...

I paid $1.79 for a "bunch" of chicory at the store...it was mature chicory if it was even chicory...but no pretty flowers...my bunnies love flowers....

Half-Pint Homestead":v0bmm0v1 said:
He's eating wild chicory. Very nutritious and quite pretty. I've heard you can use the roots for a coffee substitute, but haven't every tried it.

Thanks for the compliment. Oberon is about 12 weeks old now and is starting to silver nicely.

That's what those tall, annoyingly pretty weeds are! Thanks. I've been feeding it, but didn't know what it was!

I have rabbits that resist greens, eventually they get it, but annoying that it all withers away in the mean time.

Was burdock safe? I thought it was, some rabbits eat it, others just sleep on it....

Oberon looks very happy with his bouquet!

That chicory is very pretty. I would love to have some... never know when you might run out of coffee. :coffee:

Frecs":bettqzqt said:
Gotta grow that stuff...if it will stop raining...so I can get out to my field...it does look pretty and he seems to be enjoying it...

I paid $1.79 for a "bunch" of chicory at the store...it was mature chicory if it was even chicory...but no pretty flowers...my bunnies love flowers....

Wow! I'm in the wrong business.... chicory grows all over here. Maybe I should start selling the stuff!

Oberon is my piggy boy. He pretty much eats anything you give him.

Very pretty bunny! It's good to know that chicory is ok for rabbits. Does anyone know if the fleabane daisy is ok for rabbits to eat?

Back