Bunnies, Lambs, Kittens, Oh My!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Homestead

Reaction score
Whew! Things have been busy around here! First time I've been on the computer for over a week at least! I'll try to start from the beginning. :D

On the 27th (last month) Wee Broon had an adorable ewe lamb. We thought she would have twins since this was her second year, but instead she had one very large lamb. She actually had trouble and needed help. The day she was born she was the about the same size as the 2 week old twins! She has a white spot on the top of her head just like her dad and mom! There is also some white nehind her years. I think we are going to name her Twinkle Star. lol
On the 1st of May Abigail had a pretty little ewe lamb (love the ewes!). We were thrilled that she was all white. Now we have a lamb as white as snow named Mary! :lol:
Then the first weekend in May we went away for my sisters 18th birthday. We rented a cabin at Lake Hope State Park. It was a wonderful time. Had a few mishaps, but I'm sure many years from now we will actually laugh at them. ;)
When we got home on the 7th everyone went looking for the cat. We knew she was going to have the kitten anytime. My brother found her behind some boards in the barn. With 4 kittens! We could tell she just had them. We left her alone and when I checked on her the next morning there were 6! :) All but one has orange in it somewhere. One is a real pretty calico. My sister has always wanted one! That one will be coming inside I think.
On the 8th I bred my doe, Ebony to my buck, Chess! :bouncy: I am super excited! I have not had any popples since last September! SEPTEMBER! :eek: I am going on popple withdrawl! :shock:
Everything seemed to go really well. Ebony was very receptive and did not give a bit of trouble. Chess was eager to do his job. He covered her 5 times before they fell to grooming each other. Hope all goes well! :D I am already as impatient as can be! And I still have around 26 days left to go! :shock:
Then today Tearza lambed! The sweetest little ram lamb. I was so looking forward to this little lamb. I so wanted it to have the spots on the eyes like Tearza does and Panda did. And he does! :p He is so tiny! Mom says we have our Shetland ram for next year! Course we won't breed him to Tearza, but he isn't too closely related to the other ewes. We wanted Tearza to have a break this next year anyway.
So, I think that is all the news here. Now for the pictures! I don't have any of Tearza's boy yet. I'll get some yet today.

Here is Wee Broon's Lamb. These were take the day after she was born. She was huge!
SAM_1254.JPG
SAM_1258.JPG
Here is Abigail's lamb. I think she likes getting her picture taken. Everytime I went to take a picture she would turn and look at me.
SAM_1259.JPG
SAM_1261.JPG
And here is Jackie and the kittens. I really like the calico and the black and white one. They both have such nice markings. I'm a sucker for brokens. :lol:
SAM_1519.JPG
SAM_1534.JPG

Hope this wasn't too long for you all. :D Can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to!

Those lambs are just WAY too adorable for words. Twinkle Star is huge and so healthy looking. Newborns usually look kind of skinny, but she sure isn't. I wonder if she was a couple weeks overdue?

All of the kittens with orange are some variety of calico/tortoiseshell. I read somewhere that the distinction between the two is that calicos have white, while tortoiseshells don't.

The grey and orange ones are the dilute version of the black, orange, and white kitten in the litter. Congratulations! I'm lucky to get one or two in a litter here! I haven't ever had a dilute born here either.

Can't wait for Ebony and Chess' litter! Stay busy so the month flies by! ;)

Babies!! What cuties you have there.

Congrats on the new arrivals of all species.

Omg too cute :) what's it like raising lambs? I've always thought of possible venturing

Thanks everyone!

MamaSheepdog":hb6p26fs said:
Newborns usually look kind of skinny, but she sure isn't. I wonder if she was a couple weeks overdue?
That could be possible, but I did not think likely. Wee Broon and Abigail should have been bred about the same time and Abigail's was the right size. It might have something to do with Wee Broon though. She had a ram lamb last year that has a problem with his horns. They did not grow enough before they turned in and if we don't take care of them they push against his head. He's headed to freezer camp and we are not keeping Wee Broon either.
GlitterMomma":hb6p26fs said:
what's it like raising lambs?
It can be a lot of fun and a lot of work. :)

Here are some pictures of Bandit (Dad named him)!
SAM_1536.JPG
SAM_1537.JPG
And here is a picture I found of Tearza the day after she was born.
SAM_0365.JPG

Oh.My.Gosh. So much cuteness!!!!!!! I can't stand it!!! :D

Latest posts

Back