bunches of bunnies coming, i hope

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBA

Reaction score
On April 25 I should have a litter of californians born. This will be her first litter, so keeping my fingers crossed.
Next, on May 6 I should have a litter of mini lop crosses. This breeding I only did to try to entice a different doe to breed. I read somewhere that can stimulate a stubborn doe.....it didn't work.
Next, May 13 should see two litters of thriantas. We hope.
Lastly on May 14 I should see another litter of californians and a litter of mini lops. The Cal doe has been a very good mother. Her current litter was 5 weeks old yesterday, I will pull them from her in two weeks, giving her a couple weeks rest before next litter.
The mini lop doe is my daughter's show winner. This will be her first litter.
Hope is she can have this litter and then we can get her back in shape before the fall shows start.

In any event, we should be up to our ears in baby bunnies in a month.
I have one more breeding to try, going to try my stubborn ML doe one more time.

At the risk of repeating myself...get more land now. You are a goner.

*fingers crossed for lots of healthy kits*

No more land needed. Ok, well, lots more land needed, but mainly for goats, lol.
Since we are just starting a breeding program, each litter of mini lops that comes, we will only keep one or two of the absolute best from each litter, if any.
As for the californians, I plan on keeping one doe from each litter, and possibly one extra buck, up until I have two bucks and 8-10 does. The rest will be sold or eaten.
The thriantas, wife wants to keep a doe from each of these two litters, we will sell or eat the rest.

So, essentially I only need to triple my current cage space. Then double that. Yeah, that should do it.....for a few more months.

DBA":myjggoml said:
So, essentially I only need to triple my current cage space. Then double that. Yeah, that should do it.....for a few more months.

Oh... is that all?? ;) :lol:
:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

DBA":1zz7waha said:
No more land needed. Ok, well, lots more land needed, but mainly for goats, lol.
Since we are just starting a breeding program, each litter of mini lops that comes, we will only keep one or two of the absolute best from each litter, if any.
As for the californians, I plan on keeping one doe from each litter, and possibly one extra buck, up until I have two bucks and 8-10 does. The rest will be sold or eaten.
The thriantas, wife wants to keep a doe from each of these two litters, we will sell or eat the rest.

Yep...a goner for sure. I think you might have a new strain of Rabbitosis Acquireosis- a very virulent strain at that.

Latest posts

Back