Buck WILL NOT penetrate-so frustrating!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macksmom98

Reaction score
So today is day 30 for my sr doe, and I sensed she wasn't pregnant so I put her back in with our buck and she lifted and her vulva was red.
She will not allow breeding attemps when she is pregnant, so I am almost positive she's not. I am ready to sell this buck. I have tried everything. He can fall off many times and leaves a creamy spot in the right place, but since I bought him til now he hasn't been able to impregnante any of my 3 does. I try about every 15 days. Now I am at my wits end. I think we will look for a proven buck again, and sell him. Anyone else had this problem? I love his coloring and build, which is why I have given him as long as I have, but I can't afford anymore waiting. Easter will be here and we need babies!!!!

If it's feasable I would keep the buck for the time being and get another - nothing wrong with one more rabbit :roll:

Would be hard to tell which one was successful, but I guess some competition and a second romeo would sure speed things up.

I just don't understand, and he's really willing so I am not sure competetion will help. He is close to a year old and had LOTS of opportunities. May need the $$$ from him to buy a proven one anyway.

Although there seems to be no anatomical reason he can't be a breeder, you are correct I am selling him as a pet. He will make someone a great one, he's the friendliest I have and always excited to see me. Never nips at all and loves to cuddle. Everything you want in a pet. But I am also selling a doe, and whoever buys them will know the full story on both of them, but will also be told to house them seperatly because ya just never know....

Latest posts

Back