Buck turned on me ****Up date***

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be up to Tracie to decide if this matter should be pursued or not. I think she got a raw deal. But one cannot go about bad-mouthing a particular breeder on a public forum.

If you are concerned that you might inadvertently deal with this breeder, since SW Louisiana is not so very far from Texas, you should PM Tracie123 for details.

I'm normally pretty patient with aggessive rabbits, but 47 stitches later, I'd be of the mindset that they buck's time on this planet was shortly numbered, as in minutes, versus hours or days.

So sorry to hear Tracie. That's terrible someone would knowingly sell you an aggressive buck. I'm with Beekeeper. I wouldn't bad mouth, but I sure would visit. That's absolutely unacceptable that a breeder would do that. How do we know this isn't the first time that this breeder faced this issue. This is how breeders get bad names. And it's not badmouthing on a forum, its informing.

Hope you and your neighbor get better soon. I hope you put that aggressive buck down. Or gave it back to the breeder requesting refund and damages. You just don't sell a buck that you know is aggressive without informing the new owner. That behavior doesn't need to be bred into your kits.

Karen

eta: Badmouthing is when you tell lies, but here there are facts and examples along with a medical bill. Consequences of doing business like that is no different than an auto repair shop that can't fix your car.

Question: What would happen if a child had gotten that rabbit? And it just got a whiff of a female. You would have Peta all over the breeders. So please, not badmouthing anybody. Facts are facts.

Wow :mad: I can't believe the breeder sold you that buck without saying something. We'd have some serious problems if I had 47 stitches from something like that. Eat more rabbit :)

The buck is still running free but came running rite up to me this morning just as he would do in his cage, but i didnt try to pick him up or anything. The breeder did call me this morning to let me know that after she and her husband talked lastnight, she is sending me a full refund, and asked would I please send her the er bill. She does not want him back at all told her he was on his own in the yard and she got a lil upset with me on that but like I told her I CANT do much with just 1 arm and i am not left handed so that makes it a lil hard for me, and I sure wasnt going to ask on of my 3 kidos to mess with him.any ways she is coming to my place sunday to get him.
Tracie

That is great news. I am glad that she is taking responsibility for the problem.

I hope that you heal without any complications, and that this terrible experience doesn't put you off of having rabbits.

When you do breed another buck, wear heavy clothing and gloves- not because it is likely to happen again, but because it will give you a feeling of safety so that you can project a calm and confident attitude.

"Bad-mouthing" was a poor choice of words on my part.

My point was that you cannot safely name names on a public forum... It is not only bad form, it also could be grounds for libel charges.

I'm very glad to hear that the breeder is taking responsibility for not informing Tracie of the buck's aggressive behaviour.

Tracie, I am glad the breeder is going to help you.
MaggieJ, after you explained the situation with the forum I completely understand. I am used to dealing with a problem one on one and I see it is a lot different when it is a public forum

I dont know what your state laws are, but might try small claims court.Since you had to have medical treatment I'd say you have very right to at least get medical bill paid for since she knew he had this behavior and didnt tell you. :shock:

I personaly would let everyone at the local rabbit shows know where my lovely scars came from too....... :angry:

Rustina":snvyujrj said:
I dont know what your state laws are, but might try small claims court.Since you had to have medical treatment I'd say you have very right to at least get medical bill paid for since she knew he had this behavior and didnt tell you. :shock:

I personaly would let everyone at the local rabbit shows know where my lovely scars came from too....... :angry:

Since the previous owner stepped up and accepted the responsibility for not having told her about the buck's behavior, the above seems rather inappropriate, don't ya think? Seriously, any breeder who sees someone else carry on like you described after the previous owner stepped up would pretty much be discouraged from ever admitting it in the first place. Absent of that admission, the OP wouldn't have a legitimate leg to stand upon in court, because the burden of proof would be upon them, not the person he or she bought said offending rabbit from.

Give her the chance to pick up the tab on medical treatments before flatly dragging her into court.

MaggieJ":a3nq7jv4 said:
"Bad-mouthing" was a poor choice of words on my part.

My point was that you cannot safely name names on a public forum... It is not only bad form, it also could be grounds for libel charges.

I'm very glad to hear that the breeder is taking responsibility for not informing Tracie of the buck's aggressive behaviour.

Not when it's factual. Do you know how many politicians from New Jersey, PA, Delaware, Maryland, and New York, have threatened me because I told the truth. They drop those so called threats real fast and so do their attorneys. I don't give a crap if you write a letter or put on the internet, if its fact, you have your FIRST AMENDMENT and that trumps EVERYTHING. Especially with facts.

But I am so glad to hear Tracie, the breeder stepped up to the plate. That's go great to hear. So sorry you went through this.

Karen

You are right Satins Rule , Im not sure what happened with my post but at the time I tried to post this post (lol ) she haddn't yet told us about the breeder decided to help her out, only that they had forgoten to tell her and would not refund or take it back. Maybe my computer is possesed !! If the breeder changed their mind and stepped up to the plate she definately SHOULD NOT take them to small claims court !!

Hope you didn't think I was being a snotty snot !! lol

The buck left my place today, she did bring another buck asked if i wanted it or my money back? Took my money back and showed her my bill from the er and she paid it in full!

I'm glad she came to her senses and did the right thing. :)

I hope you are feeling better.

I'll bet her lawyer adviced her to pay for damages. You might want to see a lawyer specially if there is scaring.

Wow....just wow....so glad that she decided to step up and take care of that for you. I am so sorry that this happened to you. Where in Texas are you? I am near Beaumont and I will be more than happy to GIVE you a buck that won't try to bite your face off... :( {{{hugs}}}

Latest posts

Back