Buck Anatomy problem split penis picts

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will post some when I get home from work. Perhaps I can draw a picture of what I saw, compared to the normal penis.

All the bucks I have had had a penis that 'curves'== but in a straight,'downward' fashion. keep in mind, rabbits are stimulation ovulators, so the penis has to have a feature to help- in that department

Frosted Rabbits":29zpeb0r said:
All the bucks I have had had a penis that 'curves'

OH- thank goodness for that! I thought I had an epidemic on my hands! :x

I realize the blue boy is still in the freezer, I will let him unthaw and see whats what.

__________ Thu May 17, 2012 5:28 pm __________

Found two more from the same litter split penis

Normal penis--same age buck different litter--no hole, but a closed seam

SS850812.jpg

SS850811.jpg

SS850809.jpg

SS850804.jpg

split (I'm try taking more picts later)

SS850790.jpg

the hole is not closed

SS850787.jpg

SS850786-1.jpg

SS850789.jpg

see how it curls

SS850789.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Mon May 21, 2012 1:55 pm __________<br /><br />I have one buck I know is going to a pet home with a co worker. I still have a second litter of four kit bucks. I am thinking of saving myself the anguish and culling them right now. The only one I would consider growing out is the opal buck, everyone else could go t freezer camp. Then I could just be done with it.

Just wanted to share something interesting. I acquired a "doe" recently. The breeder has had health problems recently so she probably originally sexed it as a doe and didn't check right before selling it. Imagine my shock. lol hopefully i will get a replacement doe soon but wanted to share the photos. Excuse the extremely crappy cell phone pictures.
testicles
8003162183_9ff35dd93e_z.jpg

penis looks almost normal at first but notice it curls downward dramatically.
8003164408_1f4047bb4a_z.jpg

Split on underside all the way down
8003161763_a02a64e4f5_z.jpg

Wow, Lindsey! :shock: No wonder she thought it was a doe!

That is a great example of what a split penis looks like. Thanks for posting that pic!

Yes he is a very severe case. Most of the others I have seen have been a fairly small split.

Yes with the severity of this buck he probably couldn't produce. You wouldn't want to breed it anyways it is genetic.

OneAcreFarm":29ju2lq6 said:
Ok...who else is thinking they want to run home and check all the bucks out? :lol:

Shoot, I just put the "Does" on the table and let the judge sort it out. Ha. :eek: It's happened to me twice in as many shows with different rabbits. A dead give away is when they spend just a little too much time looking and then turn and say " Houston, We have a problem...."

Lol i am glad i checked before i showed him! And he is a gorgeous animal too! Its really a waste. The breeder told me to just find him a pet home. Should be easy for a cute little jersey wooly.

LindseysWoolies":sblphjbx said:
The breeder told me to just find him a pet home.

:bouncy: Pick me, pick me!!! :bouncy:

Ahem... :oops:

What I meant to say was good luck finding the perfect home for the little fellow!

if you do find him a pet home, do tell the new owners that he should not and cannot be used as a breeder and let them know why. a fair number of breeders start as pet only people. :)

He is going to a house bunny home. It is very doubtful that he would be able to breed if someone tried. I am not giving them his pedigree of course. I seriously thought about culling but he is such a beautiful rabbit i couldn't. lol his sire was #4 wooly of the year in 2010 and has 38 legs. My replacement doe has the same sire but a different dam.

__________ Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:48 pm __________

MamaSheepdog":3k3crhh1 said:
LindseysWoolies":3k3crhh1 said:
The breeder told me to just find him a pet home.

:bouncy: Pick me, pick me!!! :bouncy:

Ahem... :oops:

What I meant to say was good luck finding the perfect home for the little fellow!

If you were closer i would let you have him as a pet for sure! I am going to take pics of him tomorrow. Its sad he might be the "best" wooly i have. Oh well.<br /><br />__________ Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:56 pm __________<br /><br />This isn't a posed pic or anything but this is one that Ashley (peach) took while I was at her house.
185137_242159359239554_1386197220_n.jpg

He is cute poor guy.

Thinking I should check my guys over as I only did a quick sex check when I got them.

I have never seen so much bunny winky till looking at this thread :lol:

Back