Bruns

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailwagging

Reaction score
Not sure if this should be here of in rabbit colors.
Do you breed Bruns to champagnes to deepen the chocolate color? or to bring in new blood?
do you need both breeds to have good Bruns?

You *can* breed Champagnes into the Bruns to bring in new blood, type etc. HOWEVER technically they are two different breeds with two different breed standards.The Bruns weight is slightly less than the Champagnes for instance, so you may score a smaller Champagne that otherwise would be a cull for the Champagne breeder. The Bruns here in Ontario are already very well developed, so its only just a matter of widening the gene field. As for deepening colour? I am not sure why this would help. There are different degrees of silvering and you may want to keep a few less silvered to breed to more heavily silvered to gain the more desired silvering which is midway between the two

http://www.devonglen.com/aboutwoolies.htm

Disregard the "about woolies" part lol the link will take you to the Brun standard :)

I don't see anywhere in the lower 48 to get Bruns or any Argente other than Champs and Cremes. I was looking online at Bruns, Bleus and Noirs. Is there anywhere in the States that has these?

The lady who has the COD here in the states for them is the one we've all been going to. So far I know of two of us on the east coast that are picking up some Bruns from her in October.

I'd love to import some Argente St hubert, but can't find any trails to follow so that's gonna probably be a dead end. :(

Latest posts

Back