Breeding Questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CameronW

Reaction score
I have a mini rex doe that just turned 6 months. When I was checking on her I noticed that she was acting ready to breed so I flipped her and she is a dark red and purple down there. She is 3 pounds 7 ounces. The bucks I have are 4 pounds 5 ounces that is 2 years old, 3 pounds 10 ounces that is 6 months and then the other I havent been able to weigh but is around 3 and a half pounds and is 6 months. Do you think she is big enough to breed? And if she is which buck do you think would be the best to breed her too?

She should be good to go, and ok to breed to the older buck, seeing as the other 2 may not be quite ready to do the deed. Young does tend to work better with older bucks, I have heard stories of a young doe attacking a first time buck, and scaring him, into not breeding.

she sounds good to go. :) Breed her to whomever suits her best as long as you are right there to monitor things. that way if she's overly aggressive you can pull her before she scares a young buck (wear gloves)

I went ahead and bred her to the older buck. He has a better fur density than the 1 younger one. And the other younger buck is not a color I would prefer to cross with her. I had barely closed the cage door before she lifted for the buck. In about 10 minutes she got bred 6 times. So hoping for kits on Christmas. I am excited.

Latest posts

Back