Breeding problems

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would that gives you a backup if one mom is horrible you could always foster to the other doe :)

If you are planning on keeping them in the same cage, that might not be a good idea. They may try to share the nests or fight over one of them, and may hurt the babies.

You mentioned in another thread that you show, so you don't want them mixing their litters either since you wont be able to pedigree them accurately.

Since they are first timers, I would breed another doe at the same time as Fld mentioned, so you have a backup doe in case of problems.

Do you have an extra cage to move one of the two does into in case they don't get along when one is bred or has kindled?

in have one cage that is not in use but thats for when i wean the kits? Iam a youth breeder so its hard with cage space but i think iam going to let the buck run with the one doe and put the other in the weaning cage then leave the one in the weaning cage and wait till she weans her kits then trade them cages.

iam going to let the buck run with the one doe
you should not leave a male in wth a female as she may attack him if he becomes too pushy. Any scars that turn white can disqualify him from the show table and I had a doe basically castrate a buck who snuck into her run.

Maybe you should hold off on breeding until you have a few more cages. They will also come in handy for any kits that don't sell right away.

Latest posts

Back