Breeding my Netherlands this March!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petlover500

Reaction score
Finally, the time is almost here! BREEDING SEASON!
Since I am such a small rabbitry (2 breeding does is all... LOL) I only breed my buns once or twice a year.

I have decided to breed my Blue Silver Marten doe this March, and hopefully I will get some babies this April, and raise them through May. I picked March because I think that is perfect weather for my outdoor bunnies to kindle and have some kits!
I am breeding my BSM doe to a broken blue buck, and so hopefully they will make some pretty showable babies!

Then later this year in fall-ish season, I will possibly be breeding my Chin doe to a buck... Maybe a Black Silver Marten or a Black otter... I really am not sure yet. Possibly a BEW or REW.

Anyways, I will be posting pics on here and my website when the kits arrive! :D :p
Wish me luck, both my does are new at breeding and this will be their first times!

PS: Does anyone ever have trouble with the heat in May? should it be a problem or no?
In the summer my buns have a nice shaded area below trees that give them shade allday, plus they get frozen water bottles. :bunnyhop:

Good luck!

You might want to add your location to your profile to help guide us on questions like weather.

I have had does kindle in April and early May without problems. I also have outdoor buns, and have two litters of three week old kits now, and two does due to kindle next week.

Cool, thank you!
If all goes as planned, by the end of may the kits will be ready to go to their new homes! Just in time before the June & July heat strikes (;

Good for you Petlover! Can't wait to see the babies! ND babies are the CUTEST!!!! Hooray!

I am also breeding my Dwarf rabbits soon! I am breeding them next week in February so they are born in March, and I will raise them through April, and sell in April or May. I can't wait! The weather here is nice at that time, warm but not too hot, so hoping for healthy babies.

Latest posts

Back