Breeding help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My doe colored medium pink from purple the next day.. so i think i'm late and missed the mark because of the 2 amateur bucks.
Now who knows when she will be receptive again.. the days are getting shorter, darker and colder.. it rains all day and that is not going to help my doe's get in the mood and i don't want to wait to march again. :?

One of the buck is the same age as her (halfsiblings), but he is skittish.
I have never had a rabbit so stressed and out of character my entire life. He never relaxes and moves round in his cage like other rabbits.
He sits 24 hours frozen in a corner, not moving. When you open his cage, he becomes stiff and if you reach your hand he dashes around hitting into against the walls to escape.
Put a doe in his cage, he doesn't twitch a muscle.. like he curses the world and everyting.

The other buck is related to him (it runs in the family, i swear this bloodline is soo difficult) but not so bad as him.
And he has bred a doe succesfully before but now he just won't do it anymore.. i think because he started molting.
My mature, proven buck would also stop breeding during his molt..

It has been a few days since i tried to breed them so going to try again today..

Bring the Doe to the Buck for up to four days in a row,
within that time frame she will get bred.
Dark purple in color does not necessarily
mean she will not breed. In fact she will most likely be
more receptive, I would try breeding her again.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Latest posts

Back