Breedback

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTJeff

Reaction score
I've tried to breed back my doe at 3w, but my bucks are more interested in getting a free drink of milk than breeding
Is that normal behavior or are my bucks broken (that's humor, for the literal crowd)

I've tried to breed back my doe at 3w, but my bucks are more interested in getting a free drink of milk than breeding
Is that normal behavior or are my bucks broken (that's humor, for the literal crowd)
That's pretty bizarre...how old are the bucks???
Most of my bucks only have one thing on their mind, ever, and it's not milk. :ROFLMAO:

One buck is >3 yrs old and the other is about 9 months
Well, then, yes, that's bizarre. Is one of the bucks the sire of her current litter, or are they both new guys?

And are they actually trying to nurse, or are they just shoving their heads under her? The latter is a submissive signal, and some bucks are more lovers than fighters. Some bucks snuggle and lick and submit for a while before trying to breed a doe, especially if, in the past, they've been aggressively pursued themselves by a doe who's desperate to be bred.

Back