Branola for Sale!--formerly known as Grainola

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owlsfriend

Reaction score
Bunny Bran presents: Branola! It's a high fiber feed supplement formulated to maintain good health during stressful situations.

You can read more about it on the website: Bunny-Bran.com and buy some while you're there.

Several years ago, thanks to the Natural Feeding section of this site, I began experimenting with a top dressing that featured Flax seed. The challenge was "How do you feed rabbits flax seed without it falling through the feeder screens?" (A challenge set forth by Mama Sheepdog, no less!) I posted several variations of the recipe on this site over the years, but I was still changing ingredients and methods. I gave out samples with every rabbit I sold and handed some to friends. Everyone said, I love it, where can I get some? So I handed them the recipe and told them how easy it was to make....I don't think anyone tried to make it. You get busy, it sounds like trouble, you forget about it.

But my rabbits didn't forget about it. Cold weather is one of those stresses that Branola was designed to address, so I was making up a batch around Christmas time when my sister-in-law came to visit from the UK. She's an after hours emergency veterinarian near London. I'd always wanted her to take a look at the Branola ingredient list, but I'd hesitated to "use" her professional expertise while she was on holiday. She smelled it baking and the rest is history.....

I love Ava dearly, but when she gets excited about something--hang on, it's going to be an exciting ride.

We stabilized the ingredients list, perfected the amounts, made ourselves crazy with the non-metric weights and measures and a postal scale. Ava went on line looking for bulk ingredient suppliers. I looked into the business formation and animal feed regulations. (Oh my goodness! I'd almost rather invent a new human infant formula...they regulate everything down to the size of font on package labels.--I really don't suggest going into livestock feed supplement to anyone who wants to retain their sanity.)

I went on Amazon and Craigslist looking for a convection oven and packaging equipment. Then there was UPS, and USPS to consider. A website to set up. Banking, state license and sales tax, funding a new business start-up, getting advice. Accounting, record keeping, ordering product, actually Making the stuff was the least of my issues.

But I've done it. Each step of the way has been its own challenge. I knew next to nothing about all of this stuff, but I've met people along the way to help. My daughter was an angel with the website set up. Ava, the vet, helped with development, endorsement and site content. A really sweet guy named Ronald helped me set up the payment portal to my store....I got a business consultant named Krista....tax advice from a guy named Trent.

And what do you know?!?!?!

I'm in a full fledged legitimate business!!! I've been going to the shows and setting up my little table, talking to people about Bunny Bran and Branola, angoras and rabbit health. Have even sold a few bags. I will be at the Ohio Mini-convention first weekend in May. See you there?

!!! WOW! :cheer1:

Don't forget to put together an ad in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, and you might want to make a Facebook page for your business. I'm sure members here would be glad to help promote you there. :)

Wow, Owlsfriend!!!

Very impressive!!! :bow:

I friend requested you, and sent you a message. :)

You need to set up a FaceBook page for the product in order to get page Likes- once you do that, post about it here and elsewhere so we can help you get to 100 Likes. Once you hit a hundred you have access to all kinds of data related to activity on your page, including demographics. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:51 am __________ <br /><br /> One other thing- you need a business card! If you like the artwork on mine, I can't recommend our member Nyctra highly enough! She does fabulous work and is a pleasure to do business with! :D

Latest posts

Back