BOSS

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equestrian<3

Reaction score
I was looking for BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds) to fatten up my rabbit, but I couldn't find any specifically for rabbits, so I just bought bird food that was just straight BOSS. Will that be okay?

:) yes, they are the same thing, as long as there isn't a bunch of other kinds of seed mixed in. I think most people use the bird seed kind, I have never seen BOSS labeled specifically for rabbit.

It's what I'm feeding mine, and I got them from the bird food section of Tractor Supply.

depending where I get mine, I noticed differenece in the quality of the BOSS. same for the other grains- Sodon't forget tofactor in quality whne deciding what to buy, and how much. Also, some of the local folks here, can tell at slaughter time, which rabbits were fed a predominantly oat based diet-- they don't dress out as nicely

Bird food
thats what BOSS
IS
I just hope to find the deal again, was 15 for a 40# bag

fix that, put the bird feeder over the rabbit cages...
self feeding
and
fertilizing

But I have thought about fencing in my garden and letting the rabbits loose after first frost.

Latest posts

Back