Blue eyed American (blue)!?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayla@LWR

Reaction score
So I got an incomplete and horrible pedigree for my bunny. And on the pedigree it said the Dam's eyes are blue. My friend informed me that they usually have grey not blue. Anyone able to clear this up??

She could be a Vienna if one of her parents was a white and the other a blue.

Wait... let me check the SOP- I know Beverens are BEW, but not sure on Americans... okay, scratch that. They are REW.

However, at the show I attended last Saturday, the judge that was judging Beverens asked if anyone had heard rumors that Beveren were being bred to Americans. She has noticed a sudden improvement in type in the Americans and thought people might be crossing the two to improve the type of the Americans.

If that is the case, you could have a Vienna show up.

MamaSheepdog":d0azizz9 said:
Wait... let me check the SOP- I know Beverens are BEW, but not sure on Americans... okay, scratch that. They are REW.

However, at the show I attended last Saturday, the judge that was judging Beverens asked if anyone had heard rumors that Beveren were being bred to Americans. She has noticed a sudden improvement in type in the Americans and thought people might be crossing the two to improve the type of the Americans.

If that is the case, you could have a Vienna show up.

Huh very interesting :eek: as far as I know her parents grandparents and great grandparents were all American blue. But I suppose anything is possible! Thanks for the info :) <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:44 pm __________ <br /><br />
Zass":d0azizz9 said:
It's probably just a matter of calling the same blue-grey shade by a different name.

They should pretty match the coat color.

That's a possibility :)

Back