Blanc de Hotot

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
I want a set to breed just for me!!!!!!!! they are sooooooo awesome to look at but at number one i doubt i will ever get the money to by even a single one

You are semi close to me, and it is a breed I am desparatly interested in as well. There are a few breeders in Washinton, and their prices are not too crazy. I think show rabbits were $50, brood animals are a little less, and sports are even less.

I'm talking Standard Hotot. They also make a good meat and fur breed.

But I imagine that any stock around is pretty closely bred, so you may have to cull hard for good qualities, or even keep up spearate lines with them.

There are a few breeders around here(WA), but most I have seen with my own eyes have been dwarf. Cute eyeliner though!

i LOVE the eyes i wouldn't mind them if i could use for meat....... hmmmmmm i just might be able to swing it by dh if i can use the culls for the freezer!

Pastel, I live near the Boise area and I have seen Standard Hotots for sale around here. I will look through my records and see if I wrote the information down.

Allranger, if you happen to find that info, I would be interested in it as well :) It will be a bit, but boise is a heck of a lot closer than ANY part of washington, now.

SWEET!!!!!! Please do i would love that!<br /><br />__________ Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:38 am __________<br /><br />SWEET!!!!!! Please do i would love that!

Well, I looked at my papers last night and I can not find the information I was looking for. We are remodeling our 'library' room so things are all packed up and my computer is not hooked up. I'll hook it up tonight and see if I can find the infomation. I know I had it at one point because I am/was looking at getting some stock as I have a gentle madness when it comes to rare and heritage breeds of rabbits. :)

ok i be sitting here waiting........ i tried looking online but i must not be searching right. i can find NOTHING in wa or or any other state i can travcel to easily for these guys

Pastel, the only thing that kept me from being there for the convention was getting time off from work. If I'd been able to get that, my butt would be in The People's Republic of Minnesota right now!!!

But hey, what's a thousand or so miles, right?

If/when the convention ever makes its way back to the NW, it would behove you to go. I know I will be in Indy next year if I can swing getting time off from work for it. The timing will be much more in my favor.

Back