Big fat group hug

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. You guys are awesome. I've only been here a few weeks and I've learned a TON about rabbits and bit about life in general too. You guys have permanently changed me, both in my attitudes and in my ideas about things. Thank you all so much just for being awesome people, and don't you dare stop it.

Well, thanks, Happy. :)

Of course, this is primarily a rabbit forum, but it has become a big extended family too. We all think a little differently, but for the most part we try to present our ideas in a way that wont cause offense... or not too much, anyway. :roll:

I have learned so much here, and really enjoy the camaraderie and fellowship.

Long live RabbitTalk!

:mbounce:

I'm sure you'll find your opinions mellow a bit if you hang out with us for a while. It is hard to overcome long held perceptions all at once.

We are all in this together and learning and modifying our beliefs along the way. :)

I have learned almost everything I know about rabbits right here! :yes:

It is a great place. We like to keep the friendliness and helpful attitude high, and the drama low. By drama, I'm not referring to the occasional venting threads you see here; rather, I'm talking about the fighting among members and constant pot-shots I've seen on other forums. :x I read and get what information I came for, wonder why anybody wants to be a member there, and leave.

This is truly a unique forum, bringing together people who might not normally get along well -- pet rabbit people and meat rabbit people -- and giving them a place to help each other and celebrate rabbits together. :D It's a bit of a balancing act, but it works. It does require some grace and patience on the part of those participating, but for the most part, it runs very smoothly.

We Mods will often go weeks without doing anything more significant than removing double posts and fixing links. This light-handed approach is possible because we have such awesome members here, as you pointed out! :D Thank you for your kind words!

Happy":qt9rp8pj said:
That can be tough at times. My bad. :x
You're certainly not the first member here to ruffle some feathers at the beginning. I can count on one hand the number that have not been able to smooth out and fit in just fine.

BorgBunny.jpg

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Now, you've attracted two Mods, but I know you were talking to everybody here, not just us! I'm sure you'll get plenty of other comments here. :)

We are all unique individuals with each of us having our own perceptions about raising rabbits. Be it show, pet, or meat production. Plus, we all have "other" interests we feel comfortable in sharing with the members of this forum.

I can attest quite honestly to the positive support one receives from this group when darkened days are a heavy weight upon one's soul. They are a good group of people who are not afraid to offer heartfelt thoughts and feelings.

It's a joy visiting this site daily.

grumpy.

:yeahthat:

This group can be so awesome. I remember the start-up days, and the very pointed statements MaggieJ made as it was being born. She started with a small group of us, specifically inviting us. And the group rgew at first, through a lot of personal referrals. now, it grows, and those that can't live with the multi-faceted points of view leave us--Others do get assimilated.
Assimilation is best-- it benefits us all, in the way it spreads acceptance and understanding of life with rabbits, and ALL that such a life entails ( just don't start arguing certain disability related topics with me--!!!)

I really do like this guy :pancake: almost as much as I like this one :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream:

It is great to have you here Happy. I, just like you have learned so much here since last June when I joined. It is really amazing that so many people from so many different parts of the world can come together every day and learn and discuss issues and get along so well. :)
Thank goodness for my animals that keep me going. I don't really know who works for who here, me or the animals. :lol: I know my life pretty well revolves around my animals. :)

Thanks everybody,
Tommy

Aww, I like it here too :D
Interesting to see how things are done over the pond ;) but rabbits are rabbits all over the world.

I am a planner. I found this site having only two bunnies (one now :( ), with just the most basic seeds of a plan to expand my rabbitry. Here I am, months later, still planning to expand, but with SOOOO much more knowledge and completely different ideas on what I want to do.

The folks here have been nothing but helpful and welcoming. I learn something every day, and get to "meet" and get to know more people all the time.

Marinea":123iifig said:
I am a planner. I found this site having only two bunnies (one now :( ), with just the most basic seeds of a plan to expand my rabbitry. Here I am, months later, still planning to expand, but with SOOOO much more knowledge and completely different ideas on what I want to do.

The folks here have been nothing but helpful and welcoming. I learn something every day, and get to "meet" and get to know more people all the time.
:lol:
I'm a planner too. I'm here with no bunnies, no equipment, and A TON of work to do in the room I plan to house the bunns.

The books you can download, BTW, are AWESOME!

If it weren't for RT, I doubt I'd even have rabbits now. Kudos to everyone, for the knowledge, wisdom, experience most of all your willingness to share it all and help everyone who asks!

Yep, there are 30 titles. All are freeware books with expired copyrights, but they're good reads! Well, as much as I've digested so far.

rabbit books.png

Latest posts

Back