BEW or tri?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLittleBunny10

Reaction score
I can keep one of the bunnies and breed him/her when s/he comes of age, and I could keep either Oreo (broken blue doe, probably tri carrier) and breed her to Charlie(tri carrier) or, I could keep Caramel (orange & blue VM harlie buck) and breed him to Marshmellow (broken cream VM doe) they both are gentle but a little scared of 3 & 7 year olds screaming and running around pretending to shoot each other. Any ideas?

Personally I would keep Carmel ^_^ he sounds handsome! :) I love the color Harlequin and BEW. I breed both colors alot :)

I think whoever you keep, they will adjust to the kids. Our beverans came from an isolated rabbit barn, 0 kids, 0 noise. They are off to the side but we have a tractor, riding mower, 4 kids (2 are almost 3 yr old twins who are loud, loud, loud)- 3 boys.

So, the noise factor here is big. The beverans adjusted quickly and in fact, prefer the kids. When they see any of the kids they hop to the front of the cage, will stand up so they can watch them swing or run around.

Pick the bun that your gut tells you is the keeper. When I was torn between a few pups in a litter that were all equally nice, that is how I picked who I kept and ran with for showing and competition.

hehe, he is HUMONGO! the biggest in the litter!
he is about as big as 2 Oreo's (the bunny) stuck together that is REALLY FAT!

thanks!

I think she has blue eyes.... and Caramel is VM and harlie...

so I could get both! (tri and BEW)

but I'm leaning towards Oreo :)

ok, here's what I am going to do:
Oreo turned out to be a boy, I am keeping him
I am not going to breed Oreo to Marshmellow, as I don't want charlies
so Caramel is going to my friend (who has 1 rabbit and 4 chickens)
and I will bring Marshmellow over to breed to her son, who should produce Tri/harlies and maybe a BEW or two.<br /><br />__________ Mon May 13, 2013 1:18 pm __________<br /><br />oh, I have the weirdest question,
could I breed both Oreo & Caramel, on the same day, to Marshmellow?

. could I breed both Oreo & Caramel, on the same day, to Marshmellow?
Most people let a buck breed a doe 3 times in a session. You can let Caramel breed her then remove him and let Oreo breed her, or vice versa.

Do you have homes set up for these kits? Doe's often have more in their second litter.

well, 4 kits died from her last litter (from the heat) so those people want a bunny, and 2 others want a bunny as well...
so 6 people want some. and she had 7, is 7 a lot for mini/holland lop?<br /><br />__________ Mon May 13, 2013 8:50 pm __________<br /><br />oh, and Oreo and Caramel are boys :)

Latest posts

Back