Best way to breed Holland Lops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRabbitry

Reaction score
I’ve heard so many things about Holland Lops being hard to breed and I was wondering..

I need some advice on what to do if they don’t wanna breed. How can I get them to breed?

I posted something a month ago when I was having a hard time getting two of my Holland lop does to breed, and someone responded that they cleaned their rabbits scent glands. I tried that and the next time I put the does in with the buck they both lifted for him. I found a video online demonstrating how to do this. When I need to help out, I gently hold down on the doe's shoulders and put my other hand underneath her belly to lift up her tail. I think it's more gentle than pulling up on her tail, personally.

I posted something a month ago when I was having a hard time getting two of my Holland lop does to breed, and someone responded that they cleaned their rabbits scent glands. I tried that and the next time I put the does in with the buck they both lifted for him. I found a video online demonstrating how to do this. When I need to help out, I gently hold down on the doe's shoulders and put my other hand underneath her belly to lift up her tail. I think it's more gentle than pulling up on her tail, personally.
Could you by chance link the video? Also, how would you clean scent glands?

Latest posts

Back