Best pelleted feed?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASkelton

Reaction score
Looking for a decent pelleted feed that won't break the bank. Our options are Tractor Supply, Atwoods, PetSmart & Walmart. Right now they are on Dumor (Tractor Supply) rabbit food, but it has a lot of "extras" in it (corn, sunflower seeds, bunch of junk in my opinion).

I love blue seal,....all that junk isnt worth it (for me) If thyre gonna get all that stuff im gonna pick it my self

I've been really impressed and very happy with PenPals rabbits feed. It's about 17.50 per bag.... my rabbits have never looked and felt so great! Excellent fertility too!

I would look for a feed store option, rather than the "pretty" feeds sold at a lot of stores. As you said, they contain a lot of junk.

One thing though- BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds) are not so much in the junk food category. They are useful for a few purposes.

Well, that's very strange. Penpals say's to feed 3-5 oz for a medium size rabbit on their 18% feed.
My TSC brand is only 15% and I feed about 2.5-4oz to maintain weight.
I thought the better the food and the higher the protein, the less that needs to be consumed...

TSC feed, 15%, NZW size rabbit 3-4 oz a day.
Manna gro, 18% no online listed amount since it's for mom and growers.

I'm switching all mine to manna gro. Don't have much else here and I'm suspecting the low protein is part of the issue they don't grow fast enough.

Two places anywhere near me listed as distributors for Penpals look to be private homes...

I wonder if a feed store can make a rabbit food with 18% or higher pellet and have it $20 or less...

I feed Manna Pro to my rabbits. I do plan to add Manna Gro to breeding does and their kits starting this week. I've been very pleased with it. I believe the pro is $16.99 here at TS for 50lbs. The gro is $20.99 I believe.

I have to feed the cheaper foods here for my pellets. (I feed a lot of forage).

I buy Dells brand rabbit food and that's about $20/bag. I was passing through a farming community here on the big island and stopped at the feed store. A lot of stuff was much cheaper. Like my goat and sheep blocks were only $14 and at Dells they are over $30. I bought purina rabbit feed for $20.49 for a 50# bag.

Since my hubby has to drive through this town about once a week for his job I'll probably have a weekly shopping list for him! lol

Try Atwoods. They have a pelleted food in a no name white bag. Checked the tag got all the ingredents of their rabbit pellets , little more fat and proten. $7.89 50 lbs

I have fed the Manna Pro 16% since I've had my rabbits and they have done well on it. On a side note, you can go to the Manna Pro website and get a $1 off coupon.

I like PenPals. Of the choices I have around here, and since I refuse to support Purina, I drive an hour one way to get PenPals. I buy it 12 bags at a time, and get the 13th free. I feed less of the PenPals than the other feeds I was using, and my rabbits keep a very nice body condition, even my older gal who tends to drop alot of weight when nursing a litter. She's maintained VERY well on it!

I find that there is less belly fat in my buns with this feed as well.

Back