best commerical feed

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imogen Rose":14sqalms said:
That cinnamon article was really interesting, thanks for posting.
For anyone who wants to know, 1500g per ton is the equivalent to 1.19 oz in a 50lb sack of feed.
(IF I got my math right!)
I think I too will add cinnamon sticks to my cages and see what they make of them.

Thanks for doing the math for us! Really appreciate it.

Whatever brand of Rabbit feed you choose that works for you and your herd
IS the BEST feed for your herd! If you are raising healthy rabbits that are producing for you,
change nothing! Only when you see some particular health problem should you ever
change/switch to another feed. You will eventually be culling your rabbits to your feed.
The rabbits that do well on the feed you have chosen will enable you to continually improve
by using proper culling techniques. The price or brand does not matter, it's the results
that you see from your choices.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I was just about to say it was either ottersatin or grumpy who says that you are culling rabbits to your feed.

So true. Whenever you purchase rabbits, you are always culling them to your practice. I've raised my own from the starter ones, doing what the breeder did and tweaking to fit my circumstances. I lost a few, but then had great success. When I got additions, some lived, some died, but I never blamed the breeder, those rabbits just could not thrive in my environment. I switched feeds every couple of months, mostly because of availability, and barely lost a rabbit, so mine are used to anything, but the growth rate was slow. I noticed that changed when I was able to get the same feed as the breeder, but that only lasted for a while, and in the meantime, as I selectively bred for those that grew well no matter what, it became a non issue.

But I still will never feed anything Purina...

Latest posts

Back