Best breeding options for mum and daughter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastNeukRabbits

White Cloud Rabbits
Reaction score
Hi all, okay so in a nutshell: I have two does (mother and daughter) cohabiting a large inside/outside enclosure. They get on very well. If I breed the daughter, is it likely the mother (who is the dominant of the two) will take issue? I can separate them if necessary but would prefer to keep them together. I have bred a few times from the mother but she throws small litters and has only reared one full litter to maturity so although she won’t be given the coup de grace I shall not breed from her again.

it's hard to predict, but generally if two does are co-habiting well, it often does. Do they have plenty of room and the ability to get away from each other?

it's hard to predict, but generally if two does are co-habiting well, it often does. Do they have plenty of room and the ability to get away from each other?
They do yes, they share a sleeping space but it‘s divided so there is lots of room. Reckon I’ll give it a shot, any signs of aggression and I can separate them. Thanks!

Back