Beginner's Luck?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basenji43

Reaction score
I am hoping our first go at raising meat rabbits wasn't just beginners luck. We crossed our two Flemish Giant does with our Champagne buck. Both does took and delivered on day 32. Doe number one had 2 kits and doe number two had 10 kits. Both does built awesome nests in their provided boxes and were excellent mothers. Doe number one ended up fostering three of number twos kits. We butchered the kits at exactly 8 weeks old. Our largest kit was 6 lbs and 10oz at 8 weeks old!!!!! Our average kit was about 5 lbs 8oz. My dad made us a homemade rabbit wringer and gave it to us for free:) Butchering went super well. Every one was dispatched and sent to freezer camp with no complications. My dogs are now enjoying their raw rabbit meals. Here's hoping round two goes just as well. Fingers crossed.

We did get a ton of advice and support from this awesome forum!!! Thank you everyone, we couldn't have done it without you!

Wow congrats on the successes and hope you have many more to come!....and I don't suppose you could get your rabbits to talk to my rabbits?... :p

Congratulations!

I wouldn't say it was beginners luck, lots of times things do go according to plan. If raising rabbits was really as difficult as the worst case senarios discussed here then I doubt anyone would be in the hobby.

Latest posts

Back