BBQ Rabbit ala Crockpot

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT_Hunter

Reaction score
I just had a pretty awsome meal....put one rabbit...4 legs...breast meat...backstrap...into a crockpot...cover with favorite BBQ sauce...let cook until done....

1322520235072.jpg

this was an older buck...maybe 9 months....very tender and yummy

I do enjoy cooking...specially bunnies...next up...I am planning on cooking one on a spit over an open fire...if the weather holds around here a few more days....alrady have that little devel in a maranade ready to go.....I used an Italian dressing for that one...

Y'all are so lucky you get to eat rabbit! I'm still waiting on kits...then them growing up...*sigh*

Your time will come...I started this last year because I did not get a deer for the freezer...this year...have a deer in there...with several rabbits...pretty easy to raise and process...

We culled one with a bad leg yesterday, and she's sitting in the fridge for a week.......you're making me hungry! I was thinking of doing something bbq with it too.

YUM!

I made rabbit in a crockpot at the show this weekend, split it between us and the registrar. I was quite proud of myself, the rabbit went from in the cage to in the pot in about 15 minutes. Threw him in with some oregano, sage, and parsley, as well as sweet potatoes, radishes, potatoes, carrots, and some other veggie that I can't remember. It was amazing!

We made some BBQ rabbit in the oven, 200 degrees, wrapped in foil, cooked all day...man, was that ever good! The meat was just falling off the bone....

Sounds good...I have a small issue with my gas oven here in the camper...so I do not use it much...I just don't like using it is mostly why....scares me...in a confined space as I am in....

I have a stove top variation of BBQ rabbit. Before we had rabbit, we did this w/ chicken wings and thighs all the time: put pieces in heavy skillet, preferably with a lid, smother with BBQ sauce, and simmer for about an hour. Yum! Couldn't be any easier, either!

OneAcreFarm":19u81pei said:
We made some BBQ rabbit in the oven, 200 degrees, wrapped in foil, cooked all day...man, was that ever good! The meat was just falling off the bone....

I love cooking roasts and other tougher meats that way- when I have it, I use parchment paper as the first wrap with a 2nd wrap of foil. The meat just melts in your mouth!

JT_Hunter":39eeqcde said:
Sounds good...I have a small issue with my gas oven here in the camper...so I do not use it much...I just don't like using it is mostly why....scares me...in a confined space as I am in....

Yeah, I can understand that...crock pot is a great way to go, we use it all the time, especially for rabbit. My hubby is just kind of an "experiment-er" LOL! This time, it turned out good...other times, not so much! :roll:

Back