Bartow, FL show October 13th

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnelsonfla

Reaction score
Hey all, last show before the Convention. We get to show off our convention purchases next month on the 17th of November. I got to meet a super nice lady(Rexisbest) and her daughter from the forum at the September show. Let me know if you are going and if you see me say Hello, I will be wearing a brown apron with "Palm Beach Rabbitry" on it and my grooming table. I am hopeful my Chocolate Sr doe will get her 3rd leg this show. I held off breeding her last month.
The Wilson's from Jacksonville are always there with there Flemish Giants. They are a Top 10 breeder of Flemish in the country.
[URL=http://imgur.com/GvtSw][img]http://i.imgur.com/GvtSw.jpg[/img][/url]

How wonderful that you got to meet a fellow RT'er! Good luck at the upcoming show and Convention. :clover:

That is the sweetest picture! What a relaxed bun-rab. :)

yep, we will be there again and it is a "big deal" for us as we are putting our first litter on the table for their debut!!!!! I culled one as pet weeks ago but the remaining 3 are turning out really nice so I can't wait to hear what the judges think. We hope to sell them at Convention or before if we have any takers at the Bartow Show. See you soon Tom!!

Lisa

You'll do fine Lisa. Rex are a tough breed,with 50+ in open and 30+ in youth, at most shows. It should be a busy, crazy show. It's a triple, plus Dutch Specialty and a Polish Specialty class. If the cavy people show up we'll have over 60 cavies there too.

No this show is in Bartow on US17, just about 2 miles south of SR-60. It is in the Stuart Building 1702 Highway 17 South. There is a rabbit a month there. If there are others shows they will be mainly in DeLand up near Daytona or in Ocala.

__________ Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 am __________

Will it was a crazy day for many reasons but a good turn out with 490 rabbits plus 55 cavy. The Mini Rex lead all with 116 entries, then Netherland Dwarf with 78, Holland Lop with 67 and English Lop at 58. We had Champagne D'Argent, Rex, Silver Fox and Thrianta there too which we don't get every show. My Havana's did well but the Blue Buck did the best with BOSB in the A, B & C show. Normally Black Havana's are the most common variety and I had the only one. There were only a total of 10 Havana's there, kinda disappointing on that note. The Chocolates were a strange group of the day, totally different judging order by all three judges. A judge had the third place doe from last month as BOV and BOB, B judge had that doe 2nd, and finally C judge had that rabbit as third. My Sr Chocolate doe as 1st and BOV(same doe that had been getting BOB last few shows). A young girl who shows Havana's and has nice rabbit, a spectacular Chocolate broken doe that got BOB in the A and B show. I had a few inquiries on some sales and even had a mom who had been contacting me via my website came buy to get my broken buck, I spent 45 minutes to an hour with them. The daughter decided on a ND for her FFA project and was a little weird because the mom made the little girl (10'ish, I am not good with age) come up to me afterwards and say "Mr. Tom we decide to buy another rabbit", I supported her decision and wished her luck. Then mom came up then and said she was upset because she did all this research on Havana's and knows nothing on ND's. Rexisbest had a good day too, she can give the details but their Blue Broken Mini Rex is a site to see he is going to be a heartbreaker.
[URL=http://imgur.com/CIY3H][img]http://i.imgur.com/CIY3H.jpg[/img][/url]
Cohiba my Blue Buck<br /><br />__________ Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 am __________<br /><br />

Congratulations on the win with your Blue Buck. He's gorgeous. Shame the Mom didn't really include her daughter in the decision. Sounds like Mom wanted Havanas and the daughter found the rabbit breed she wanted. You were so sweet to that young girl. It makes it so much easier when parents actually include their children in the decision of their rabbits.

Karen

Yep, good show for us! Black buck got another leg against really good mini Rex competition but the BEST was putting our first litter on the table and hearing the comments from the judges. Our pick of the litter was a broken blue buck who is 11 weeks old and still in baby coat but in show B took 2nd in jr broken variety out of eight and all others had adult coat!!! His type alone was putting him at the top and you can already tell he will have a great coat from the feel of it now. All 3 judges called him "extremely promising young buck" and that alone made our day!!! Always good to see Tom and his wife, Havana's did seem to have as many as in past shows but people may be saving for Convention. This will be our first Convention and can not wait!!!!

Back