Bartow, FL May 18, 2013 show

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnelsonfla

Reaction score
We have a show in Florida coming up I have sanctioned the Havana breed. It is a Triple show. I will stay only for the A & B show. For the simple fact it is a 3 hour drive for me. Lots of new Havana breeders recently so we should have 30+ in open and 10+ in the youth. Since it has been over a month since the last show here in Florida should be a goo turn out. Probably around 500 rabbits per show. I do a follow up next week to give you an update.

Not sure exactly how Tom's Havana's did but there were 20 entries in Open and he had multiple BOV wins and I think at least 1 Best Opposite Breed win, he and his wife are so nice that I love seeing them do so well! My daughter did fabulous with her show string in Mini Rex, over 60 entries and she walked away with 6 legs from multiple BOV's and a BOSB AND all rabbits were JUNIORS!!! 3 of her juniors are only 12 weeks and got BOV's with legs. Feels better when it is rabbits that you have bred that are winning on the table versus rabbits purchased from other breeders!

Was a busy crazy show. Show sectary had a computer crash and was not able to print check in sheets. By the time they got it all straightened out and printed it was close to noon before start of the triple open. BIS for 'C' was around 9pm. Was 646 total entries plus 52 cavies for just show 'A'. Havana's had 20 entries in open and 6 in youth. There were some mid week cancellations and atleast 15 open and 5 youth were scratched from the show. I entered 6 Havana's, show 'A' I had 5-1st & a 3rd with 2-BOSV & 2-BOV's. Show 'B' I had 3-1st and a 2nd & 3rd place. With 1 BOV, BOSV and a BOSB. We left after show 'B' since we had a 200+ mile drive and that was at 4:30pm and home around 8pm. We saw some great bunny friends we hadn't seen for a month or so. Rexisbest and her daughter we nice to see once again. With 5 judges and 2 of them were the 'regular' guys we were hoping for possibly having one of the other 3, but no such luck. I like Cheryl Blackman, Rusty Westoff and Michael Franke and was really hoping to have them judge the Havana's in 'A' or 'B'.

I agree Tom, it it is nice to get the judges we don't normally see, MR were under Rusty and Michael Franke and Marvin so I have no complaints.

In the 646 entries: Holland Lops were #1 with 93, with 87 for Mini Rex,67 English Lops, 61 Netherland Dwarfs and 41 Flemish Giants.

Lastfling":38dvmjqd said:
Tom, a Havana took RIS in the A Show at Columbia, SC this past weekend.

That is awesome :pinkbunny: , I gotta do a Columbia show one day. I get invited to go but haven't gone yet. I'll go to Charleston in August. But Columbia, SC is on my list also.

tnelsonfla":1k16yc64 said:
Lastfling":1k16yc64 said:
Tom, a Havana took RIS in the A Show at Columbia, SC this past weekend.

That is awesome :pinkbunny: , I gotta do a Columbia show one day. I get invited to go but haven't gone yet. I'll go to Charleston in August. But Columbia, SC is on my list also.

And, even better from my perspective - a Tan took RIS for the B show! :up:

Back