bartering who's done it?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I got a call from a Guy that seen my ad on craigslist for fryers that is tradeing me two 24x32 cages for 3 fryers it got me thinking and wanting to know who all barters there meat rabbits and for what type of items

I have bartered for a few different things when it has come to things my rabbitry needs. I had bartered 2 fryers, dressed, for some paneling needed to enclose the sides of the rabbitry. I have bartered kits for a breeding to a buck that I really wanted the bloodlines of. Before I had my unexpected move I was working on getting some fryers ready in exchange for a new butchering knife.

I recently traded a stacked Klubertanz cage for two NZR doelings. Seems a little counter-intuitive to trade cage space for more rabbits, but oh well. :)

I paid part of my martial arts tuition in eggs, chicken, and rabbit. :lol: I've traded rabbits for rabbits several times. Last time I had a buck and doe netherland that were show quality but I was going to butcher cause I didn't want the effort of trying to sell former breeders. The dog food was worth more. Then I had a 4-her who wanted to attempt showing ND and wanted a breeding pair. She gave me 2 mini lops for 2 ND and my dogs got 3-4times as much meat.

I traded 3 geese for my rabbit Frank. Kinda an unfair trade but we were desperate to get rid of them, and Frank is a really nice buck.

I traded 5 goats for 2 sheep. Plenty worth it. 3 of the goats were bucks, so they weren't worth much. Ended up selling the sheep for $300 for a $250 profit :)

I've traded rabbits for rabbit food. I just tell someone to bring me what ever is equal to the cost of the rabbit from TSC. It's kept the rabbitry going for several mos.

I have traded feed bags full of Rabbit droppings,
for bails of hay. It worked out just fine, The farmer got his fertilizer
and my rabbits got their nesting material.
Anytime you can save a $BUCK$ it's a "good deal"!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I just bartered rabbits, cages and some hunting equipment that I no longer needed to have my pool cage re-screened.

Cant beat barter! :cool:

I've traded live "specialty yard bird " for venison. It filled my freezer. This year I'll be trading two NZ does and a buck for more from the same guy.

I've traded rabbit meat for home raised beef, and have arranged to barter one of this year's turkeys (butchered and ready to eat) for more beef/venison/or pork.

For the last couple of years I have also been doing the ultrasounds on a herd of mini donkeys to determine if they are pregnant (the vet's hands are too big) and I get a bale of hay per ultrasound.

I got my first 5 rabbits and a couple of cages for about a hundred pounds of freezer burnt meat. Best deal I've ever made!! I had spent months wondering what I was going to do with all that freezer burnt stuff and the breeder just happened to ask if I new anybody who might have some. What luck :D :D :D

We have an awesome bartering agreement with a family friend in which we get a bottle of wine per pound of dressed rabbit. Her business is wine importing and a wine-of-the-month club, so we get some really great wines selected by an expert!

Back