Barn idea

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting way to make a barn. There's a small fortune in wood there though. I like our morton buildings. They were fairly inexpensive for the details we wanted and we didn't have to do any work. We even got the stable free because the guy messed up the concrete design and my mom refused to pay him until he fixed it. He never did and they sat in a stalemate until the bill reached the age you can no longer collect on it. Would have been cheaper for him to just fix the concrete.

trinityoaks, I think it looks reel nice. The wood exterior makes it look a lot nicer than just a metal carport.

This is what we did. It is along the same idea.

Close-up of doorways side

We used a billboard tarp for the roof (as suggested here on good ol' RT!)

Inside

My only concern would be cribbing by the horses.

Treated lumber is toxic, is it not?
At least I know the 'old-style' was/is.
Other than that, it looks real nice.

grumpy.

Nice idea, trinityoaks! :)

Mine is a 10 x 20 foot enclosed carport, but with a tarp-like roof. A metal one would last a lot longer. When we move back out into the country, I think I'll add a metal roof to the structure.

Real nice! We closed in a carport with corrugated pvc panels and put windows and doors in. It turned out nice, but I like yours better.

That was at another property.

Currently am building a new bunny barn. 10 1/2 foot high ceiling and I dug the post holes. I'm adding a potting shed to the back and that way I can utilize the rabbit manure right there.

Latest posts

Back