banned from buying bunnies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww! I haven't been banned from buying more bunnies *yet*. And once I get a couple of nice Rex does, I'll be a happy camper, anyway. I do know that the stuff would hit the fan if I bought chickens or goats right now, though.

Pastelsummer,
if you are breeding for meat production,
you certainly do not need/require 4 Bucks!
That is overkill. One buck can easily service
up to ten Doe's. It might be a good idea to keep two Bucks
Then you could easily retain at least two more Does
from your next litters. You have to retain a few Juniors
now and then for possible replacements.
Just giving you another angle.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

2 of my bucks are not breeding age They will replace the older buck next year. He is a bit rough with unwilling does. And a friend keeps telling me they want lunch for a pet, but haven't picked him up yet. So i am actually HOPING to only have 2 bucks come spring.

I was banned from buying more last summer. 34days later I had 13 nice newborns! :mbounce:

Then this summer, I was going to get 2...TWO from Amy Toll Bork's rabbitry, and I was reminded that I was going for TWO!! So I get there, and phoned home to tell Michael how wonderful they were, and that there were so many, and the prices were soooo good that I just didn't know which two to get.....So he says "well, you should get as many as you want. I'll pay for whatever" :lol: I came home with only 7 because I didn't have cage room in the car for more :D

Only seven! haha! Well, I agree with breeding your own. Gramma told me I can't get anymore (they are at her house) so I saved both does from my litter. :) Actually, she told me I couldn't have any, but I "couldn't find homes for the last three". And one of those just HAPPENED to have a litter. :)

yeah he said no more BUYING LoL free rabbits on craigslist are a dime a dozen here!! LoL Now if they would all just kindle live babies i would be happy!

Haha, buying also doesn't include trades :)

My parents cut me off many times. Cut me off first by not buying me any more, so I charged more for babies to get more money. Cut me off by selling the empty cages, so I started picking up craigslist bunnies free with cage and gave away the bunny. Eventually I found out that one of my good Harlie is worth two of someone else's bad Harlies, which bred to a good Harlie will make more good Harlies anyways. They can't argue with a two for one deal.

Eventually they tried just not taking me to shows. Then, I got a boyfriend which led to a husband.

Back