Baby bunnies coming out of the nestbox for the first time

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
They are 24 days old and mama just let them come out for the first time today.

Mama is 50% rex, 25% Flemish and 25% Beveren.
Papa is pure Flemish

Aww! They are so cute! I especially like the Chinchilla one- the fur on its head looks so poofy. :p

So adorable! They are so cute when they come out and go 'sploring!

Ivory - I repaired the link to the one image, and it then displayed the Photobucket "image has been deleted or moved" message. So I just removed it. :)

mystang89":10y4u1zv said:
they are cute. Are they all from the same pair? Nit used to seeing different colors.

They are one of my "Ooops!" litters, I can guarantee at least one "Ooops" litter a year.

Every winter I put my does into a communal pen, here they are:

Mama is the one second from the left with her head buried in the feed dish, but she is identical to the one peeping over the flemish bum on the left of the photo.

Papa is a pure white Flemish, luckily she was the only one who got pregnant before I realised I'd made a mistake sexing him.

Miss M Thanks. Don't know why it would say it was removed.

What a pretty group of buns!

I love your wooden bowls- very rustic way to feed the wabbits! Way to keep those bunnehs in style!

BunnyBounce":1achwo4o said:
They are so cute! I'd be interested to see more about your communal pen set-up. Love the wooden bowls, too. :)

It's very simple, I used to keep them in individual cages, well that's fine in the summer, but come winter I'd have so many problems, with cage doors that swelled and then refused to open and shut properly, and with my hands freezing from handling frozen dishes, and they'd slip out of my grip and break - even plastic breaks easily when the temperature is below -20oC.

So I started keeping the does in groups, usually from about the end of October until they are bred and ready to kindle in the spring. It makes a huge different to the amount of time I have to spend feeding each day.

I can post some more photos if you're interested.

Back