Babies have arrived!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The first of my does, Miss Penny, has kindled. 6 kits, no stillborns. There is one runt which Im gonna have to keep a close eye on.

I was surprised at the colors that have come from this pairing. Mom is a lilac tort and dad is a lilac point, but these babies look dark. Im excited to see what they look like when their fur starts to grow in.

Attachments

• IMG_0809.JPEG
    IMG_0809.JPEG
    445.1 KB
The first of my does, Miss Penny, has kindled. 6 kits, no stillborns. There is one runt which Im gonna have to keep a close eye on.

I was surprised at the colors that have come from this pairing. Mom is a lilac tort and dad is a lilac point, but these babies look dark. Im excited to see what they look like when their fur starts to grow in.
Congratulations on your successes! 😁

I agree, those colors are quite surprising! Can you post pictures of the parents? If both parents are actually lilac <bb dd>, you shouldn't be able to get anything other than lilac-based colors. I could see the pale bunnies being lilac torts (pale kit on top left) or pointed lilacs (pale kits on right), but those darker ones look really dark for lilacs.

In addition, torts are selfs <aa>, and pointed whites are usually selfs, so it is perplexing to see what look like agouti or marten markings on the darker kits: pale ears on the middle left kit, and pale undertail and pale markings on the knee and foot of the top kit. Pointed whites can be agouti or martenized, though, so it would be interesting to see close-ups of the sire's face, undertail and the inner part of his back feet. Agouti or marten markings might be pretty hard to notice on a pointed lilac, but it's worth a look.

Do you happen to have pedigrees on the parents, or even just know colors of their parents?

Latest posts

Back