Babies ... and the story is ..... **New 3/19 pics** ..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasCharm

Reaction score
So, while I build up my Harlie and Lionhead population, I decided to breed my daughter's old project doe to a Lionhead buck for some pet bunnies. She is 5 .. hasn't had a litter in 3-4 years. Bred her 4 times - until she stopped breeding - and held my breath.

Last night was 29 days .. this morning I caught her in the act. She had two in the box, one on the wire. It was chilly this morning and I thought the one on the wire was dead .. it was cold but still moving! Warmed him up and by the time I went to put him in the box, she was pulling hair and fixing up their little nest.. so cute.

Bada bing! After a 3-4 year hiatus .. Dyna had 3 kits when I left this morning.. not sure if she is done or not.

And because I don't have pictures of THAT litter .. here are my Harlie babies that I "inherited" last week!

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Congrats on the new litter! :)

TexasCharm":2nszs2rn said:
And because I don't have pictures of THAT litter .. here are my Harlie babies that I "inherited" last week!
Were there supposed to be pictures? I'm not seeing anything. :(

Ruh Roh .. what happened to the pics?? *off to investigate*

.............. can you see them now?

I had forgotten how FAST they grow .. I took these pics around Friday .. they are already SO much bigger .. hopping around like real rabbits, jumping in the food bowl and nibbling, investigating the water bottle ..

It's shocking! DH only comes to the rabbit area every 3 days or so ... he says "OMG.. everytime he sees them .. they practically morph before your eyes.

I have my fav .. and hope she's a doe.

What a cute bunch of Harlies! :p

How come I never get to "inherit" rabbits? :hmm:

Well, it was actually a really really good friend who is helping me out to get started. She said "Here take this doe .. she had babies on Friday." .. Rabbit, nestbox, bunnies all came home with me that day.. That was two weeks ago.

Gotta love friends like that!

This is the only pic I got before she tried to eat me .. (not a nice rabbit!)

image.php

More Harlie pics!

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php
<br /><br />__________ Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:43 am __________<br /><br />More

image.php

image.php

image.php

Thanks HH .. they are at that really cute stage right now .. and exploring and into everything! I had forgotten how much fun this is ..

Back