Availability of meds in your area?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotzcatz

Reaction score
Anyone noticing meds being hard to get in your area? Someone texted me from another island today asking if there was any penicillin available at the feed stores. Apparently, there's none available on her island and she's on the one with all the population. I'd not needed any for awhile so hadn't bought any lately, but calling around to the feed stores on my island, apparently there's none here, either. Since my local feed store has ivermectin (at least, last time I looked which was several weeks ago), I'd figured bunny meds were in stock and not really thought about it.

Is this a supply chain issue? Increased demand issue? Lack of supply issue? Hopefully, it's just local to our islands and everyone else is doing fine?

Nope, the buns don't go to a vet, so I don't think a vet is gonna be happy selling medication to someone who doesn't bring their bunnies in for inspection? I can't imagine a vet selling a bottle of penicillin and telling folks to inject the bunny themselves?

I guess the lack of meds is a widespread problem, then, if feed stores in Pennsylvania also don't have meds. We do use rather a lot of Ivermectin for wool mites, so I'll stock up next time I see some.

There's been an ongoing lack of a variety of things. Garden seeds are also in short supply, although I don't suppose it's planting time for most of the mainland quite yet?

Latest posts

Back