Automatic watering system nipple placement

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the angle up so the rabbit can grip it with their top teeth and lick the valve with their tongue.

However, I made some waterers using buckets on my growout cages which don't have the pvc lines, and the rabbits will twist the valves... it doesn't seem to make much difference to them which way the valves are oriented.<br /><br />__________ Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:44 am __________<br /><br />Commercial operations have found that placing the nipple at a height of 8" increases water consumption, which in turn increases feed consumption, resulting in faster growth.

Like this:

edstromvalve.jpg

trinityoaks":3i5k2pvi said:
Like this:

edstromvalve.jpg

If your rabbits are used to a ball valve, you may need to turn the nipple over so they lick from the bottom. I had to do that with some of my older rabbits.

They are used to a ball valve. Thanks, I will watch them closely until I am sure they are using the new nipples.

OneAcreFarm":37o2o74t said:
If your rabbits are used to a ball valve, you may need to turn the nipple over so they lick from the bottom.
Hmmm. . . When I got my auto water system, all of my rabbits were used to ball valves, but only one had trouble learning the new valve. Not sure whether this had anything to do with it, but I had to turn his on its side because the wire on that particular cage was oriented with the 2" spacing horizontal and the 1" spacing vertical. I kept a bottle on his cage until I was sure he was successfully drinking from the new valve, which was about a week or two.

Where can I get this guys? I am planning to buy some stuff online as I don't have time to travel to a store.

Rcharyriordan":1us3ycvq said:
Where can I get this guys? I am planning to buy some stuff online as I don't have time to travel to a store.
You could get it from Bass, but their Web site is very confusing. The Web site below is the best I've seen at telling you EXACTLY what you need. I would have bought from them if I couldn't get it locally.

http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/price/edstrom.htm

I don't know where you are, but you probably could get them or any other supplies you need from a vendor at a local rabbit show. I thought prices were a little bit high at rabbit shows until I figured the shipping in to the total.

trinityoaks":27kes41l said:
Rcharyriordan":27kes41l said:
You could get it from Bass, but their Web site is very confusing. The Web site below is the best I've seen at telling you EXACTLY what you need. I would have bought from them if I couldn't get it locally.

http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/price/edstrom.htm

Trinity, did you know that bunnyrabbit.com is actually located in Houston?!!?!? :p I just found this out...

OneAcreFarm":3slok8yb said:
Trinity, did you know that bunnyrabbit.com is actually located in Houston?!!?!? :p I just found this out...
:shock: ????? The address listed on their Web site shows them north of San Antonio, just off of 281. Did they move?

trinityoaks":j9n8ghbx said:
OneAcreFarm":j9n8ghbx said:
:shock: ????? The address listed on their Web site shows them north of San Antonio, just off of 281. Did they move?

I actually thought they were in Dallas before someone else here told me they were in Houston. I will verify and get back to you.

Latest posts

Back