At least it's not 30

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asinaway

Reaction score
So these mini Lops are addictive. I started out with two, then went to a show and brought home two more, and then this wed brought home three more. I'm done buying now, I have really good lines and they all work very well together. So I think I started my base stock out well for just $250. A lot of breeders helped me out, especially a super nice girl who gave me an amazing deal. The one doe was well worth 80 bucks herself. Hubby was like, " okay Memengwaa you need to stop here, remember you said you would keep it at 20, and you still need room for future keepers." lol I told him at least it's not 30 yet. Sevens a good number I think.

I think Wednesday was my best purchase a G.C Opal Doe with nine legs, she was born in 2008 so a bit old but still producing and very healthy.Then another proven brood doe, a broken Steel-Black G tpd. These colors are so crazy to me lol. Finally a Blue Chinchilla Sr. Buck, also proven and throws some great crowns on his kits, every single litter.

My other finds at the show a few weeks ago, my fave color so far a frosted pearl. A jr Doe that I cannot wait to show. And another Sr. Buck a steel- black S Tpd. I'm debating if I want to keep him, I'll wait to see how my other Seal buck grows. I really only need two bucks right now so we shall see in the future. For now he stays.

The two proven does are now bred and will be due August 11th! Cannot wait until my first lop litter. These guys tolerate the heat so well. The buck has never gone sterile in the summer and has produced in the winter, so that excited me quite well, cause I was having problems with my MR getting them to breed. But if it gets too hot, I'll bring my does into the air conditioned house.

Sorry really sucky picture quality, I'm getting a really nice more professional camera for Christmas. I cannot wait to pick up photography again.

They look so much better in person but here are some pictures so far.

fv9ow2.jpg

izyyxz.jpg

aue25y.jpg

35cljd4.jpg

2yobour.jpg

2j0cig2.jpg

Best thing is almost all my stock is registered. Only the three jr's are not, to young yet and the one Sr buck is not as well, which I will solve that at the next show I attend.

Will not buy mini lops, will not buy mini lops....what have you done! Now I really want some mini lops, so darn cute. I'm loving that frosted pearl to pieces.

That frosted pearl is to die for!!! Though tell you what, that broken one has an awfully attractive face. :D

I'm so glad you have such an awesome herd!!! Can't wait to see some new homebred Asinaway kits either, hint hint. ;)

You sure Amanda they are quite addictive, and have some amazing personality's on them.

Oh my goodness I agree the frosted pearl I love her. When I met the breeder, I just had a general question what she had that could help me. And when she went to her carriers and pulled out this doe I did a little happy dance inside. She was going to keep her, but sold her to me instead. Her names angel, and that is exactly what she is.

To get the trio it was a 7 hour round trip for us, lol. Hubby told me I'm lucky I'm cute. We went after work, so got home and by the time we went to bed it was close to one and we get up at 4:30am for work. :x but gotta say it really was worth it!

Jenna, you are evil! Evil, I say!

*looks away from the gorgeous buns and says "I have no more cages yet...can't do it...nope"*

Congrats on the new herd!

lol Marinea, I think I caught myself saying that at first, when my friend let me pick up and snuggle her ML. It's a quick addiction I will say that.

When these litters are born, I'm going to pick the best from the one doe, and the best from the other and breed those two together. The father has such a strong head I want to use that and tight line breed my herd.

Oh boy kyle i hope so, I'm not big on winning, but it would sureeee be nice to raise some nice quality buns and get recognition for it, for once. Reason hubby and I agreed to make it to a lot more shows next year.

Latest posts

Back