• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Astrex Rabbits in Alberta Canada (pic heavy)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDWest

Reaction score
Astrex Rabbits: Curly/wavy furred bunnies.
3 months old. Both sexes available in Fawns and Black. Friendly and outgoing. They can be a fun and interactive rabbit. They have quirky personalities and climb over each other to greet us when we go into our rabbitry. Will grow to be large buns; my strain stems from Flemish Giants and Checkered Giants.
$60 each

If interested, can email individual pictures. Happy to answer any 
questions. We are just outside Edmonton Alberta, Canada.

Some past examples:
One of our breeding Does

5 week old.

5 month old

Periodical parcial or sometimes total hair loss is common in Astrex. It grows back! But gosh are they cute when they are going thru it! Extra care must be taken so they don't chill or get injured.
4 weeks old

5 weeks old

Same rabbit at 2.5 months old

NO FAIR!!! I want Astrex bunnehs!

I thought I had some, but they never get nekkid and mature to a normal coat. :(

Best of luck with your sales! They are adorable. :)

There are two genes at work. Curl and hairless. So the balding is the hairless gene kicking in.
I've found balding as a baby is a good predictor for better set curl later on.
I get real excited when i see it. They also are more likely to make better curly kits when bred. Most of my guys go bald on their heads and necks as babies. 
They will go thru an eclipse moult when they reach adulthood too. Then you get to see what their true coat will look like.

Mammasheepdog....I'd love to shower you with coot widdle Astrex bunnehs! Pure adorableness.

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":3lz9dkp7 said:
the naked buns.. remind me of the naked ginnea pigs out there.. those things are ugly

Skinny pigs. They are super ugly!

They make bunny clothes, don't they?
At least with all the pet rabbits, I'd assume someone, somewhere has made bunny shirts... =D

Lol...yeah! So ugly they're cute!!! :p One shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, or lack of it...haha ;)
Their personalities really trump their looks and i'm one that put's most weight in that.
Awe cspr. I would supply you with breeding stock! I always pine for the stuff across the border. I've read your post saying how you'd love some....You would be a perfect person to help them out! I gave two little girls a baby Astrex this early spring when their dad was here to pick up Flemish. They fell in love with them. They sent me a photo of them brushing him and i was so happy!
Honestly, i haven't got very much interest in them and end up eating them. They need special care and mine are the large variety so less appealing to pet homes because of that. If they were minis i would have a way better time with it. I would love to spread them out. We Astrex breeders are few and far between. They need more dedicated breeders.

I have a lady buying one of my blue coloured baby doe Astrex. So they are slowly getting out there.

They can be so interactive! They remind me of sphynx or rex furred cats. The little bald boy (who is no longer bald) is my fave and i kiss him on his bunny lips everyday. He loves to be picked up. He stands on his back legs stretching out for me. I loves him evah so much!

In the future i hope to take a couple to a few shows so people can see they are out there :)

JDWest":229o7bfi said:
Mammasheepdog....I'd love to shower you with coot widdle Astrex bunnehs! Pure adorableness.

I have GOT to plan a road trip to Canada one of these days! Hubs and I honeymooned there, but my little "pups" have never been there...

MamaSheepdog":bilfyvdk said:
JDWest":bilfyvdk said:

I have GOT to plan a road trip to Canada one of these days! Hubs and I honeymooned there, but my little "pups" have never been there...
I would drive to the border and give you tons of curly buns :p you'd be the Astrex smuggler!
Hubby has said the same thing about going down to the US and that i could bring bunnies for interested folks and pick up some there to bring back :) would be awesome!

Yes they do make bunny clothes, Angora people use them when thy shear.

Personally, I find the naked bunnies adorable...

Latest posts

Back