Are these genotypes right?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyPocket

Reaction score
Hello everybunny.

My project "wool" buns are about 6 weeks old now, so I decided to chose who stays and who goes. As I will be breeding them, genotypes should be made. Here we go.

DAM: Nina (Broken Chinchilla) G: A/at B/_ cchd/ch D/_ E/_ En/_ v/v dw/dw
SIRE: Lav (Choc Tort Vienna Marked) G: a/a b/b C/_ D/_ e/e en/en V/v Dw/dw

And the kids:

Petunia G: A/a B/b cchd/_ D/_ E/e En/en V/v _/dw (Broken Chin Vienna Marked)

BPW ("We still need a name for me!") G: _/_ _/b ch/_ _/_ _/e _/en V/v _/dw (Black? Point White Vienna Marked)

Monarchy G: at/a B/b C/_ D/_ E/e en/en V/V _/_ (Black Otter)

Slawek G: A/_ B/b cchd/_ D/_ E/e En/en V/v _/dw (Broken Chin Vienna Marked)

Did I do everything right?

I will be breeding Monarchy and Nameless with Petunia and Nina later this year, to get bigger animals and to bring the Choc gene to the phenotype. Hopefully everything goes well. I can post pics of Nina and Lav if you'de like.

-Marko

Looks good but I am not familiar with the "DW" locus :shrug:

And from looking at other pictures of the pointed white / himilayan I believe he is broken or vienna marked and an agouti

I believe Dw stands for dwarf. Dwdw would be dwarfed, DwDw would be peanut, and dwdw would be a "big ugly buck/doe" - somethin' like that!

I agree with Dood: BPW looks broken rather than Vienna. I'd say black based...and the rest is a mystery. LOL

Looks like you got the otter spot on.

OK, so Agouti and Broken, and Vienna is less likely. I will fill it, but I feel all of these are more-less mystery. I wouldn't surprise if I end up with purple rabbit with green stripes. That's usually the rule when I "am sure" I know genotypes :D

Back