Are Mini Satins really "Satans"?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KKRabbitry

Reaction score
I've heard lots of different Mini Satin breeders joke about them being "Mini Satans". :twisted: I'm just curious if that is just a joke, or if they really are mean? I've never had any, I don't plan to get into them anytime soon, I've just heard that one thrown around so often I'm wondering if it's really true or not?

They're known to have nasty temperments from time to time, but I don't know that they're any worse than other breeds about it.

I have seen REW Mini Satans attack the judge, not just one rabbit but a number of them. I've heard that colors other than REW are better in behavior, not sure about that though. When I saw these rabbits attack they were lunging at the judge, standing up clicking and grinding their teeth menacing him. Scared me away from them.

At the last show I attended, I was speaking to a lady that had Elops and Satans. I asked her if the nickname was deserved. She told me that the first doe she owned was known far and wide- across state lines, even! When the other exhibitors saw the doe and found out who it was, they told her that she had better warn the judge. :x

I have also heard the same story about the bad temperment.dwarfHotots used too be known as the fangs of the fancy.Netherland dwarfs still occaisonally get accused of being nasty.some people do not breed for temperment.none of my dwarfs are nasty.

curlysue":3nkd4w4l said:
I have also heard the same story about the bad temperment.dwarfHotots used too be known as the fangs of the fancy.Netherland dwarfs still occaisonally get accused of being nasty.some people do not breed for temperment.none of my dwarfs are nasty.

"Fangs of the Fancy" HA HA HA HA HA!!!! :lol:

:p I wish we'd heard that nickname before we brought our Monster Dwarf Hotot home with us ;D

Back