ARBA - Questions.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am really thinking about registering with the ARBA, and am wanting to register my Rabbitry name. First though I am clueless. I have been poking at the ARBA website, and I am not sure if I am just blind, and clueless, but I am having a hard time finding certain things I want to know before I go about everything. Do I first have to join the ARBA, and then I can register my Rabbitry name, or no?

Also do you have to have purebred rabbits? AND will they frown on meat rabbits?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

They don't frown on meat rabbits. They honestly don't care what you raise as an organization. Individuals at shows might care but the organization does not.

You can join and submit your rabbits name at same time.

Yes, you need to be a member in order to register your rabbitry name.

By meat rabbits, do you mean mutts, or breeding purebred rabbits for meat?

ARBA is pro-rabbit meat. Many of teh breeds are bred specifically for that purpose, after all.

They have a breeder listing that you can become a part of (perhaps for a fee, I'm not sure) but there is no category for meat mutts.

I joined the ARBA about two weeks ago. With their membership materials, they sent a form to register our rabbitry. The fee is small, like $10, as I recall.

If their Standards of Perfection manual is any indication, they are pro-meat rabbit. There's a whole category of show called "meat pens," and the meat breeds are judged heavily on meat quality and hind quarter size and depth. :)

Latest posts

Back