AR people didn't quite win on this one...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont get me so stirred up this early in the morning... im just on my first cup of coffee lol...

not an AR issue here but a council issue -$2,500 for a fee to grow vegtables is CRAZY - glad she could raise the money :)

AH the AR's did make an issue of it because she was, get ready "EATING RABBITS" The one neighbour mentioned how she didn't agree with factory farms.. but apparently doesn't agree with a small scale home farm either???? She then went on to say how she has a lot more "control" over her neighbour's backyard. This zoning permit wouldn't be an issue at all if the AR's hadn't tried to use the city council as a platform for their vegan agenda... The AR neighbour apparently thinks farming is automatically "abusing" animals. So yes an AR issue.. it really has nothing to do with the veggies.. just the rabbits, I guess the chickens and pigs are too ugly or something because she didn't mention them at all... The lady who has this farm is only paying this fee because she sells some of the produce or trades with others.. another ball of wax; yes I agree that $2500 or whatever it is is a council issue though.. :shock:

With the recent passing of California SB 917, her animal-raising activities may soon be put under real fire. It will all come down to the local government's interpretation of the law, and after what happened in Colorado, we've already seen the ridiculous intentions of this type of lawmaking.

The main groups behind these movements (PETA, HSUS, etc.) have stated that one of their primary goals is the elimination of domesticated animal production in this country within one generation. That equates to really one of three inter-related categories:

1-Spay
2-Neuter
3-Euthanize

And they proved in Colorado that they're willing to lie thru their teeth and orchestrate their agendas thru the press without the "offender" ever being charged with a crime. That is such an infringement on our civil liberties and constitutional rights. We ought to rightly be concerned.

This is a battle hunters and hunting conservation groups have been fighting for years. Now, responsible animal breeders are being criminalized for engaging in a farming practice which has been done for centuries as a means of survival.

Back