Anyone feed Mazuri pellets?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artios

Reaction score
I've been feeding my rats mazuri for several years now, and back when I ran a ferret shelter I fed them mazuri as well. I always loved the quality of the food, and the ingredients list has been good.

Does anyone feed the Mazuri rabbit diet to their buns? Or can someone with some nutritional experience with these guys have a look and tell me what they think? Is this a practical feed?View attachment 530Q 5M15.pdf

For pet rabbits it would be fine but for breeding rabbits it's quite low in fat and protein. Most pellets people use for breeding rabbits are 16-18% protein and somewhere around 4% fat. Also soybean and molasses is controversial in rabbit feed and this feed has a lot of it. While this is the cheaper of the pet rabbit pellets it's still going to be much more expensive than what most breeders buy at the feed store. Check what all your local feed stores have before deciding and it would help to know what you are doing with your rabbits.

Thanks for the honest opinion. I'll probably go with my first choice then, Manna Pro. It's them or Purina, and I've heard more good things about MP. I was just digging around through some old links on the computer and thought hey I wonder if Mazuri does rabbit feed. I was unaware of the soybean issue.

I'll be breeding for show and meat.

Here is a good comparison chart of the brands commonly sold in feedstores and used by breeders. http://www.somethinjumpinrabbits.com/ra ... arison.htm . We use kent family when we use rabbit pellets because the mini rex tend to get fat easy but it has led to having to supplement some of the meat rabbit does with high fat items like sunflower seeds after we bred them through the winter. Mostly we've been using straight grains like oats, barley and black oil sunflower seeds or a pelleted horse feed (no corn or molasses) at 12% protein, grains average around 9-10%, and then upping the protein through the use of clover/alfalfa hay which can be up to 30%. They also get horse mineral blocks.

What a great chart! Thank you for sharing that.

Back