anyone ever crossed a champagne D'Argent with a NZW

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi i was wanting to know if anyone had ever crossed a champagne D'Argent with a NZW for meat and what kinda results did you get from the cross im thinking about getting a few NZW does to cross with my champagne D'Argent buck to produce meat rabbits which is why started raising the champagne D'Argents in the frist place but due to them being some what rare i sell more of them then i butcher but they bring a good price so i decided to get a NWZ does to make meat mutts

They should make an excellent cross. I'm in the process of getting some D'Argent stock from two different sources this summer.

I sell a lot of processed fryers and I'm always looking for ways to improve the flavor, texture, and quality of my finished product.

"I've been told" this cross improves the product. We'll see.

grumpy.

I am interested in knowing this too, I have a couple Champagnes and got a New Zealand doe for the same reason. She just had 6 babies from a Champagne buck, they are four white ones and two blacks, I hope they will turn out to be decent meat rabbits.

thanks all for your input im going to go ahead and make the cross whith in the next few weeks i gotta get my new cages made frist and get a NZW doe form a buddy of mine that raises them hopefully i can get this done this weekend

It should be a fine cross, and you may get faster growth in the first generation due to hybrid vigor.

Out of curiosity, why not simply get or keep more Argent does?

Back