Anyone else raising muscovy ducks?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested in getting some muscovies, I probably will after I get used to having rabbits, I live on the Big island of Hawaii and their are many here, they seem to do really well here. They are a tropical duck so that makes sense. Other kinds of ducks are rare here because we can't ship them here in the mail like chicks, that is banned to protect native ducks and geese I guess, you can only buy ducks from ones bred here. I have heard their meat is delicious and more like red meat, I prefer red meat to poultry.

annie":cpdpkuao said:
I am interested in getting some muscovies, I probably will after I get used to having rabbits, I live on the Big island of Hawaii and their are many here, they seem to do really well here. They are a tropical duck so that makes sense. Other kinds of ducks are rare here because we can't ship them here in the mail like chicks, that is banned to protect native ducks and geese I guess, you can only buy ducks from ones bred here. I have heard their meat is delicious and more like red meat, I prefer red meat to poultry.
Hi Annie, I got my muscovies and rabbits within a few weeks of eachother, we just got our first eggs this week and our 2nd litter of kits came too, it certainly keeps you busy but very rewarding i think you should go for it you would have two of the leanest meats about and you know what you are feeding them so the taste is down to how you raise them good luck with your rabbits and ducks :)

Back