Any shows coming up in FL?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHRR

Reaction score
I looked on the ABRA website and the only shows I saw, that were a reasonable travel distance for me, were for the very next day. I was wondering if anybody knew of any smaller, maybe, shows coming up in central Florida, or Florida in general. I know I will be going to the FL State Fair with my goats but I won't be there at the same time as all the rabbit judging and events. Plus, I really just want to go to a one day show and learn about all kinds rabbit things (I am new) and hopefully find myself a nice shower/ breeder.
:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

There is one coming up Dec. 14 in Bartow. The locations that usually have shows are Bartow, Deland and Ocala with the majority in Bartow. If I'm not mistaken there is usually 1 a quarter in Ocala sponsored by the Mid Florida Rabbit Breeders.

Awesome, thank you! Where would I find the information on the shows in Ocala and DeLand?

Oh, and I have Harlequins would I be allowed to show them even though they are not considered a breed yet in the ARBA?

Aren't Harlequins a recognized breed? They are listed on the ARBA web site and in my SOP. The group for Ocala has a web site, search Mid Florida Rabbit breeders, and they should be listed under the show section on ARBA as sanctions are approved. Also there is a pretty big presence on Facebook for rabbit related groups in Florida.

I'm sorry, I got my Harleys and Lionheads mixed up. It is the Lionheads that aren't recognized yet.
Now, who's hosting the show on Dec 14?

The following is a list of shows in the Southeast:

Upcoming Shows:
Jan 4th DeLand, FL FSRBA State Convention
Feb 1st & 2nd, PaSRBA
Feb 8th, Collins, MS
Feb 15th, Perry, GA
March 1st, Dalton, GA
March 15th, Conyers, GA
March 22nd, Ocala, FL
March 22-23, Greensboro, NC

As of 2-1-14, ARBA sanctioned shows are only required to accept Lionhead entries in the 2 varieties which have passed presentation (Tortoise & REW), however most shows continue to allow all COD varieties due to the breed's enormous popularity.

Does anyone know any information on the FSRBA Show at the Volusia County Fairgrounds? I don't know where to find the smaller detail like, time etc. I'm not sure if there's like a website or anything, I know most if the goat shows do, that's what I'm used to so correct me if I'm wrong. I just really need to know what time to be there and if I have to pre-register or something? I email the people who ARBA said were hosting it but they never replied.

If you are on Facebook, most info is on there...email show secretary at [email protected] and she will send catalog. Starts promptly at 8:30 with youth royalty. Show is single youth and Double Open. If you are youth you can enter Youth A and Open B

FACEBOOK! Didn't even think of that! Thank you!!!
But, where on Facebook is the information? I cant find it? (Sorry!!)

Latest posts

Back